+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital camera!?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    You’ll never lose money on a Leica especially Leica glass, other digital cameras and lenses are virtually worthless within about six months of buying them.
    Methinks you like a Leica!

I'm inactive.

You’ll never lose money on a Leica especially Leica glass, other digital cameras and lenses are virtually worthless within about six months of buying them.
    Don't really think so....
    I have three classic Leica M lenses, bought them for peanuts (relatively) ... with adapters I can fit them on a range of different digital bodies from other brands and update quite cheaply if needed

Incidentally, Leica M digital bodies lose their value quite dramatically almost immediately after you buy them. Did consider picking up an M9 a short while back. Cheap on eBay compared to their astronomical price new.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    Don't really think so....
    I have three classic Leica M lenses, bought them for peanuts (relatively) ... with adapters I can fit them on a range of different digital bodies from other brands and update quite cheaply if needed

Incidentally, Leica M digital bodies lose their value quite dramatically almost immediately after you buy them. Did consider picking up an M9 a short while back. Cheap on eBay compared to their astronomical price new.
    I bought the M3 kit for circa £2,500 and sold the lot for more or less the same money three years later.

The pick of the bunch was a 1967 mint Summicron, an amazing lens, bought it for about £560 from a Dutch dealer and sold it for £650 I think or thereabouts to a guy in Singapore.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Methinks you like a Leica!

Have you ever used one?

Rangefinder cameras are completely different from SLR cameras, there's no mirror shake so you can take excellent hand held photos in low light with no flash as a result of course the Leica lenses help especially fast ones but basically it's nearly impossible to take out of focus shots photos with them unless that's what you want to do.

I loved my M3.

I'm Robert.

What about the Cannon Powershots ? G series etc

Dont know a lot about cameras but for simple use and good pics the ones I've had in the past have been great and not daft money.

Loads come up on ebay so plenty of choice and good deals to be had
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by morgann View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I am looking for a new digital camera. I'm an absolute layman in this topic.
    My wife owns a Casio Exilim which is about 5 years old. But this Kamaera was not good from the beginning. Often misbehaved pictures much noise etc ...
    What should the camera do very well?
    Since many portrait pictures are taken, you should have a very good optical zoom .. And everything that goes with it ... Think it should also posses a good wide-angle lens.
    Can someone recommend a good digital camera?
    Could you narrow it down a little?

Are you looking for a compact camera or an SLR, this would help?

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Svend.

Have you ever used one?

Rangefinder cameras are completely different from SLR cameras, there's no mirror shake so you can take excellent hand held photos in low light with no flash as a result of course the Leica lenses help especially fast ones but basically it's nearly impossible to take out of focus shots photos with them unless that's what you want to do.

I loved my M3.
    +1. Cameras without mirrors are fantastic. The only SLR I still use is my Pentax MX, and that only for street shooting with a short tele. All others are either rangefinders, viewfinder cameras (zone focussing), or TLRs. Useable shutter speed range is so much better with these. SLRs have their strengths, but the compromises aren't worth it for me, for the type of photography I do (B&W, film, art photography).

To Morgan (the OP): yes, please do narrow it down for us. Camera type, budget, type of shooting you want to do, is good video needed, weatherproof/waterproof...? We can help you better with more info...

I'm Alan.

Canon powershot G16 is built like a tank and takes superb images..it also has a point and shoot mode, besides manual and semi manual settings...also Lumix cameras are excellent...and a lot of them do have a Leica lens...I have one and it takes exceptionally sharp images...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    Canon powershot G16 is built like a tank and takes superb images..it also has a point and shoot mode, besides manual and semi manual settings...also Lumix cameras are excellent...and a lot of them do have a Leica lens...I have one and it takes exceptionally sharp images...
    But the G16 is bloody enormous for a compact and not pocketable.

Also, I've had several Lumix compacts and they've all have short battery life.

I currently carry a Canon Ixus 100 IS for everyday point & shoot snaps. It's perfect, the size of a credit card and the battery lasts ages.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Another thing I like about my Panasonic LX-100 is that it shoots 4k video. Looks fantastic when played back on a 4k tv or monitor, but it helps to have some stabilisation kit or when used with a tripod!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast