+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toshiba SR 370 speed issue

I'm Nick.

Sorry guys will sort images when I get a bit of time tomorrow at work.

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I can't open those links mate. Try hosting via IMGBB. Select Full image.

Ha! Yes, get yourself an SP10 and never worry about the TT again. I love mine. Surprisingly, I got mine from Phonomac too
    Well in the spirit of full disclosure I've taken most of my turntable choices from the advice and reviews of yourself and the other good folk of this parish

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nickfna View Post
    Well in the spirit of full disclosure I've taken most of my turntable choices from the advice and reviews of yourself and the other good folk of this parish
    You're a wise man!!!!

Thing is, I took my advice from Geoff on the Toshy and was greatly rewarded with a superb turntable.

Angus then advised me, quite rightly, that the SP10 MK2 was where the real gold was. He was spot on.

Nothing wrong with the Toshy. Just sort out the isolation or it will boom a little.

I'm Nick.

Hopefully these work,once again sorry for crap pics.

Check out the new armboard material
    Last edited by Nickfna; 14-12-2018 at 09:52.

I'm Andrew.

Why not put a simple washer under your tonearm mounting bolts? This will raise the whole thing by 1-2mm and then stop the scraping of the tonearm.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

Bigman80 Guest

Presume the cartridge won't be at the right angle then.

I'm Nick.

The third pic is of the arm with cart attached(minus stylus obv) resting on the platter with 5mm mat, and you can see how far out the
    VTA is. so the headshell would need raising by about 7 to 10mm which is just not possible.

Also the way the toshy is sounding i don't really feel any need to go back to the Techy,must sort out those godawful feet out tho.

Bigman80 Guest

The third pic is of the arm with cart attached(minus stylus obv) resting on the platter with 5mm mat, and you can see how far out the
    VTA is. so the headshell would need raising by about 7 to 10mm which is just not possible.

Also the way the toshy is sounding i don't really feel any need to go back to the Techy,must sort out those godawful feet out tho.
    That's the problem with the Toshy, it's superb but those feet stink the place out.

Angus has an SME mount for the AT1010. He made it for my Toshy. Has he sent that with the arm? If not, ask for a loan so you can really hear the arm.

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    That's the problem with the Toshy, it's superb but those feet stink the place out.

Angus has an SME mount for the AT1010. He made it for my Toshy. Has he sent that with the arm? If not, ask for a loan so you can really hear the arm.
    Well it's funny you should mention that, got a PM from the man himself last night regarding the arm mount

Bigman80 Guest

Well it's funny you should mention that, got a PM from the man himself last night regarding the arm mount
    Ha! Great stuff. He's a good guy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast