+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter / Xmas projects

I'm Andrew.

Default Winter / Xmas projects

Just for fun, what projects have you got lurking in your garage to while away the winter blues?

I've got some lenco fettling, valve assessment and some experimentation with some ebony footers on the boil.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Have Transcendent Sound Pinnacle 300b OTL monoblocks to build, should keep me busy for a while.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Andy.

Bought an old CD player (using CDM4/19 transport) and looking to convert to SPDIF output as only analogue out at the moment.
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm James.

Some valve rolling - I have just purchased some Telefunkens so these will be compared against my superb Teslas in the Croft.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Mike.

Listen to music

System complete........ I think

I'm Simon.

Just picked up a pair of 63s. Though they seem to be repairing themselves as I left them at mrdog's and hes replaced panels on one and is getting stuck into the second. With that in mind I guess a subwoofer with p-eq will be on the list.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Listen to music

System complete........ I think
    Ditto ! Been way too much down time with one thing or the other.

Everything is where and what I've aimed, pained and worked hard for so now she's back up and running and sounding the best EVER!!! I intend on a very very prolonged period of simply tunes and system enjoyment, pleasure, indulgence.........
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Ditto ! Been way too much down time with one thing or the other.

Everything is where and what I've aimed, pained and worked hard for so now she's back up and running and sounding the best EVER!!! I intend on a very very prolonged period of simply tunes and system enjoyment, pleasure, indulgence.........

I'm Timothy.

Same here, just music, system is sounding so fine these days, hard to want to do anything but listen. When I try to get up out of my chair, it kind of remains stuck to my bum. We have merged! Hah! Actually it is nice to not really want anything more at the moment.

Merry Christmas and New Years to you all!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    Same here, just music, system is sounding so fine these days, hard to want to do anything but listen. When I try to get up out of my chair, it kind of remains stuck to my bum. We have merged! Hah! Actually it is nice to not really want anything more at the moment.

Merry Christmas and New Years to you all!
    Absolutely spot on
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast