I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    Southall to Torquay. Now there's a culture shock

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Torquay to Southall would be more of a one
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - XS VALVE DAC - AVANTREE OASIS PLUS + LEAF HD BLUETOOTHS - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR +NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI 3 DIGIONE/VOLUMIO - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN MAIN SPKRS/Q ACOUSTIC BT3 ACTIVES & CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I really can't remember now, it was the seventies. I remember being disappointed with the view from the bedroom window - no Hanging Gardens of Babylon, and no herds of Wildebeest sweeping majestically past
    No Sydney opera house either !. As a boy saw the kinks there in 64 whilst on holiday, they were under carding Peter Jay and the Jaywalkers believe it or not. Anyone remember them ? NO

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    No Sydney opera house either !. As a boy saw the kinks there in 64 whilst on holiday, they were under carding Peter Jay and the Jaywalkers believe it or not. Anyone remember them ? NO
    The Kinks played Sydney Opera House in 1964?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Yup they were quite big in the 60s. Instrumental tho. Don't recall a singer Kinks and later mungo jerry were 2 of my fav bands
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - XS VALVE DAC - AVANTREE OASIS PLUS + LEAF HD BLUETOOTHS - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR +NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI 3 DIGIONE/VOLUMIO - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN MAIN SPKRS/Q ACOUSTIC BT3 ACTIVES & CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Yup they were quite big in the 60s. Instrumental tho. Don't recall a singer Kinks and later mungo jerry were 2 of my fav bands
    Loved Mungo Jerry in my younger years, always feel-good music. Had a few of their singles - Long Legged Woman Dressed in Black, Lady Rose, All Right, In The Summertime. I should look out for a Best Of.
    Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side... FZ

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Densen Beat B400 Plus Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini-1, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    Panasonic 42" plasma, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    Not really. Plenty enough decent takeaway shops locally. The Cod & Chips is marvelous! But Hi-Fi shop options here is awful....extinct! Years ago Torquay would had some lovely Hi-Fi shops.

But you never know what the future brings, eh!

S.
    shall we set one up shane
    1]bel canto pre 3 vbs /MSB s200 , / onkyo sacd/ bel canto fm1
    sonos, . tannoy eaton legacy 2]schiit freya pre , firebottle mono`s marantz sa8005 bel canto 3.5vbss and RFC impulse ta`us , track audio stands 3] harbeth p3esr /rotel

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    shall we set one up shane

Just imagine the arguments!

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

Home Hi-Fi Chat UK (Facebook Group)

Macca is offline Moderator and lover of technical papers

I'm Martin.

I went to Torquay once must have been about 1993. All I remember is there are palm trees and lots of roundabouts.

It was out of season so the Hanging Gardens of Babylon was closed.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SLP1200 CD Player * Nelson Pass DCB1 Pre amp / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Steve.

Sounds just like Chorley, apart from the palm trees and the Hanging Gardens. Some of the women are hanging though.
    Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side... FZ

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Densen Beat B400 Plus Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini-1, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    Panasonic 42" plasma, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

I'm Rob.

Went to Torquay about 3 years ago. The area around the front and harbour have obviously had a laaaaarge injection of cash and is a nice area to walk around. However when you venture into the town and around the back streets it is a very different story, a bit like Battersea in the early 70's where I was brunged up.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast