+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Torquay

I'm Shane.

Default Torquay

Been living here in Torquay now for almost five years. Interesting place, the locals are mainly white and keep to themselves.

Things do certainly move at a slower pace around here. Always noticed that since the day we moved here. Not surprising really for a chap like me who comes from Southall, West London

Anyone on here ever visited Torquay?

''icehockeyboy'' & ''hifinutt'' I already know about you guys

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Steve.

Stayed in a hotel there once - awful place. Come breakfast time, the waiter got my order completely wrong, got paella instead of porridge. The proprietor came out and slapped him round the head, explaining to me that he was from Barcelona.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Stayed in a hotel there once - awful place. Come breakfast time, the waiter got my order completely wrong, got paella instead of porridge. The proprietor came out and slapped him round the head, explaining to me that he was from Barcelona.
    Was this Hotel near to the Harbor?

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm John.

Southall to Torquay. Now there's a culture shock

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

I really can't remember now, it was the seventies. I remember being disappointed with the view from the bedroom window - no Hanging Gardens of Babylon, and no herds of Wildebeest sweeping majestically past
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    Southall to Torquay. Now there's a culture shock

Yes that sounds nearly about right. Took me a while to get used to this place.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    Yes that sounds nearly about right. Took me a while to get used to this place.

S.
    I imagine your restaurant and takeaway options became somewhat restricted.

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    I imagine your restaurant and takeaway options became somewhat restricted.

Not really. Plenty enough decent takeaway shops locally. The Cod & Chips is marvelous! But Hi-Fi shop options here is awful....extinct! Years ago Torquay would had some lovely Hi-Fi shops.

But you never know what the future brings, eh!

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm John.

Fair enough.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I really can't remember now, it was the seventies. I remember being disappointed with the view from the bedroom window - no Hanging Gardens of Babylon, and no herds of Wildebeest sweeping majestically past
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast