+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good driver? How do you define?

I'm Timothy.

I certainly agree on the phone use issue Macca! Every day my ride to and from work-especially from work, as it is during busy time of day, I see on average half if not more of the motorists thumbing through their phones while hurtling on aimlessly down the road at 50+ MPH. Most have no clue what is going on around them, let alone in front of them!

I always wonder how they would enjoy a free colonoscopy, cause once one of the idiots hits me, they are going to have said phone shoved so far up their ass, and I could take photos of their colon on the way up...Ugh, drives me crazy! Okay, rant over....
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    That's plain stupidity though, you can't teach common sense!

Gary
    True but common sense has always been lacking it is just that now there are more dangerous distractions than just the kids fighting in the back and the wife nagging you from the passenger seat. You could blot out the wife and shout at the kids and neither meant you had to take your eyes off the road. Even idiots understood that was a bad thing to do.

But with the 'phones your not looking at the road and that's only going to end one way.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    True but common sense has always been lacking it is just that now there are more dangerous distractions than just the kids fighting in the back and the wife nagging you from the passenger seat. You could blot out the wife and shout at the kids and neither meant you had to take your eyes off the road. Even idiots understood that was a bad thing to do.

But with the 'phones your not looking at the road and that's only going to end one way.
    Sat Nav?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Timothy.

Soon we will be back to horses and buggies. Hmmm, might be safer.
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Alan.

Good driver -
    A certain skill level, eg being able to do hill starts, knowing how to control a skid, for examples,
    Being courteous,
    Being considerate, by this I mean accounting for idiots,
    Knowing ones limitations and the limitations of the vehicle,
    Paying full attention to the task in hand (no phone).

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Good driver -
    A certain skill level, eg being able to do hill starts, knowing how to control a skid, for examples,
    Being courteous,
    Being considerate, by this I mean accounting for idiots,
    Knowing ones limitations and the limitations of the vehicle,
    Paying full attention to the task in hand (no phone).
    yup..fully agree
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rob.

I spend about 7 hours a day on the road with a mix of dual carriageways/town centres and 50's council estates that were built before everyone had 2-3 cars. What I see more and more is that so many appear to have no road sense and drive in a bizzare way. I would like to know what is going on in their heads whilst they cockwomble about. Is the Driving Test or method of instruction to blame? The level of aggression on the roads has risen sharply in the last 20 years or so which combined with arrogance makes for an often lethal cocktail. Take for example those that WON'T signal their intentions or leave it until they have started their manoeuvre...Grrrrrrr.

Am I a good driver?.....of course...Peerless!

There is too little courtesy on the roads today and I try to do my best. The roads are overcrowded, people are in too much of a hurry most of the time, too much tailgating/bullying, a lot on their phones (watch the weaving about and slowing down) I could go on.....
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    Soon we will be back to horses and buggies. Hmmm, might be safer.
    I read budgies for a second

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    I read budgies for a second

Gary
    Giant mutated Budgies. You'll ride in a large wicker basket strapped to their backs. A bit like in World Of Warcraft, only without the spectacular scenery.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dave.

A long while ago I used to work night shifts. Typically this was a week on at a time, though after a while we developed a more complicated shift pattern - though still had consecutive nights. The first night I'd drive to work and be quite tired. In the morning, going home my driving was really bad. However, by the next night I'd be amazed at the idiots out on the roads at around 10pm. I drove to work along country lanes at about 70 mph without any problems, though going back each morning I'd be going much slower. Also round the town I'd spot people about to cause problems before they did - which they were probably completely unaware of.

Most people don't realise how bad they become at night and how shot their reactions are.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast