+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 43 Hi-Fi Shops in One Mall

I'm Lee.

I went round the Mall in 2003 when I was working in Singapore, its well worth a visit if your ever in the area
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm Nari.

I used to live in Hong Kong most of the time in the 90s, so used to pop over to Singapore most weekends to visit the Adelpi the place was really buzzing packed with people every day spending big. I made many wonderful friends at the Adelphi many who I still am in touch with and share the same passion I have visited many of there homes to listen to there personal systems and are far most passionate than majority of the UK dealers in terms of sheer hi end. I am told me business is very hard for them now, many of them keep on going through passion pumping money in from other sources of income the place has lost its vibrancy as the customers are far fewer. The thai and hong kong markets seem to be more Vibrant for some reason.

I am glad its still there and the great dealers who keep the place going have to be really commended. I made an effort and visited a few weeks back as had to visit family, and made a purchase I like to support the place as it is totally Unique in every way one thing for sure the great souls are still as enthusiastic as ever many running wonderful systems at home.

I just hope the place keeps on running as the day the Adelphi shuts down would be one of the saddest days in my life.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Clive.

Wow, found it. What a place. Now 49 hi-fi stores. Went to a grand opening (we were passing and got invited in for a chat and lunch)
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

I've been watching and following his videos for some time now, very likable and enthusiastic chap with a good knowledge and understanding of what to look for, he has three techies an Avid sequel with SME 5 and a Rega P3.

I loved his three videos of buying a 1200mk5, quite an ordeal but very worthwhile in the end.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12