+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 43 Hi-Fi Shops in One Mall

I'm Justin.

Default 43 Hi-Fi Shops in One Mall

Insane. If you manage to watch it all...

Nice gear starts around 23 minutes in.

https://youtu.be/ejmQ_IDgNsU

I'm Geoff.

I know this place very well. Used to visit it frequently on short R&R breaks when I lived in Bangladesh. As I recall, the prices were pretty good but did not differ from one retailer to another and there was very little haggling room. The choice was phenomenal though.

I used to come back to Dhaka with dozens of CDs each time I went there.

I'm Paul.

Mouth wattering place. Been there several times and had my best audio experience with an over The top MBL set up with a naar live sound. A must see for audiophiles.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

I'm Justin.

Was planning a trip to Singapore. Will check it out when I do eventually make it to the Marina Bay Sands.

I'm Adam.

I was out in Singapore for two weeks last month and made two visits to this mall. The results were as follows:

- Went on Sunday 11th because the website advised the mall was open from 10am until 10pm every day. Whilst this was factually correct, what they failed to mention was that 95% of the shops inside were shut on Sundays.

- Re-visited on Saturday 17th. Turned out there was a hi-fi and electronics show elsewhere in Singapore which all the shop owners were attending, so they were all shut AGAIN. Mrs. B did ask if I wanted to go to the show but I decided I couldn't be bothered, so we did a duck tour of Marina Bay and went for afternoon tea at the Fullerton Hotel instead!

I did have a quick walk round before we left, though, and come face to face through a closed shop window with my first ever Pioneer Exclusive P3a. The drool stains will clean off the glass, I'm sure...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm paul.

Stayed in Singapore twice and didn't know about this place doh. Went to a huge store over many floors of electronics, computers and cameras in Beijing, must get my daughter to take me to a hi fi place next time, must be somewhere in Beijing as the Far East do things big.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Neil.

Saw that video on You Tube, interesting. I like that guy's channel, very enthusiastic. His trips to Japan are very interesting, he visits audio shops and record shops.
    Regards Neil

I'm Geoff.

This place is great for high end and international brands. However, as I recall, it can't even begin to compare with Hong Kong for over the top wacky designs and rip offs of classic pieces: so called replica editions.

I'm Clive.

I’ve got 4 days in Singapore next March. It seems I’m going to have to escape from SWMBO one morning. I know, I’ll tell her she can go bloody shoe shopping on her own
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Paul.

Do not give her your credit card

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast