+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Katie Melua Ultimate collection

I'm James.

Default Katie Melua Ultimate collection

Katie Melua has just released her Ultimate collection album and I know she maybe not everyones cup of tea but she has written some good stuff and if you are a fan this album is a must as it contains 5 tracks off Call off the Search which has been available only on Discogs on vinyl for about £400!

It is a double album and contains 26 tracks including some new covers and a beautiful rendition of Fields of Gold. I know a lot of new vinyl nowadays can be poor but this is the most perfect new pressing I have ever bought with zero faults and no clicks or pops at all. Total silent background and no groove noise, so it can be done.

It is not audiophile quality but none the less very good with a superb selection from her musical archive. The are no fillers on this record. I would give most of her production quality a B* but there are one or two A.

A nice Christmas snooze album for those of you who like her.

At £20 this double vinyl album is very good value for money.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Brian.

Got mine in the other day James so thanks for the heads up . I've been away for a few days and came back yesterday to some decorating . Looks like a very nice package and I'll have a listen when I get a chance
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Katie Melua has just released her Ultimate collection album and I know she maybe not everyones cup of tea but she has written some good stuff and if you are a fan this album is a must as it contains 5 tracks off Call off the Search which has been available only on Discogs on vinyl for about £400!
    Not got that Jimbo but just finished listening to The House by Katie... love it...

Just ordered the "Ultimate Collection"... thanks Jimbo..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

As I've just ordered the "Ultimate Collection" I've had the AutoRip from Amazon and just burned it to cd and it's just super...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm James.

Just spent the weekend listening to the album on vinyl Bev and it is very good indeed, nice one for Christmas and must admit she has picked some excellent tracks for this double album.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I have a few of Kate Melua's records - my favourite being 'Piece by Piece'. Not sure if I need a collection of her work, but agree £20 for a double LP is good value for money.
    Barry

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I have a few of Kate Melua's records - my favourite being 'Piece by Piece'. Not sure if I need a collection of her work, but agree £20 for a double LP is good value for money.
    Listening just now Barry and it has quite a number of unreleased tracks which are crackers. Definitely worth getting hold of for £20 and on vinyl it gets a big for production and mastering quality and I am hard to please

I'm jamie.

im in,well recorded and a lovely voice,i have 2 of her albums.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread