+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good Budget Bookshelf Speakers

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Swordsman, Sabre, Epilogue, Icon. The Swordsman and Sabre are sealed cabinet designs and the Epilogue and Icon are ported. If you are using your gear in a small room the Sabres may be best suited.
    I can second the Ruark Sabre Shane, I had a pair when they were new and they are very good indeed..

However if you can get a pair of LS3/5a's within your budget that would be my recommendation... LS3/5a's are, in my opinion, still the best sounding bookshelf speaker available
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

The only other recommendation I can give Shane is a pair of JR149 that use the same drivers as the rather expensive LS3/5a's

JR149's come up on eBay quite often for not too much

I've not heard the JR149's but can't imagine they sound much different to LS3/5a's
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    A bit leftfield but these are truly excellent.

https://wellroundedsound.com/collect...onitor-2-way-1

Mark at Malvern Audio Research sells them in the UK. He used this model at the Leamington Spa Audio Show earlier this year on the end of Ming Da valve amps and they sounded superb. It was quite amusing to watch folk coming in and looking behind display boards for the subwoofer which didn't exist!
    I better declare I was helping Mark at the show but it was my first exposure to these speakers and after a day of listening to them I was still very impressed.
    I have a pair of the smaller mm2, which to my ears are better, tiny speakers with a big detailed sound.

I bought them immediately I heard them and everyone who has experienced them is amazed.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Neil.

Default Good Budget Bookshelf Speakers

£500 gets you a world class standmount IMHO, certainly not budget. Amphion Argon2 and Royd Sorcerer SE spring to mind, likely around £350 to £400.

https://www.soundstage.com/revequip/amphion_argon2.htm
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Steve.

http://kralkaudio.com/ based in Yorkshire and have been getting good reveiws.
    Steve.

I'm Martin.

I used to have some PMC Db1i speakers.
    They are very good and can be purchased second hand within your budget.
    GyroDec 2M Black, Amplification: Luxman 505ux.
    Loudspeakers: Harbeth HL-K6

Quad 99 CD, Amplifier: Teac A H 500i, Loudspeakers: SCM11

Receiver: Teac CR H500, Loudspeakers: B&W CDM 1NT

I'm guy.

Well within your budget (enough left over to buy something else to compare to):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HQ-SPEAKE...DPMH:rk:1:pf:0
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by high.spirits View Post
    I used to have some PMC Db1i speakers.
    They are very good and can be purchased second hand within your budget.
    +1. I've heard this model a few times. Surprising bass for such a small speaker.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Shane.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Are the Proac ''Studio Range'' any decent?

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by stevekr View Post
    http://kralkaudio.com/ based in Yorkshire and have been getting good reveiws.
    What he said The small TDB-2's are amazing for £185 delivered, new.

A total no brainier, imo.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast