+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: My Tannoy Upgrade - as recommended by Paul @ Reference Fidelity Components

I'm frank.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I didn't get mine to completely clean wood after removing the foam, it left a light covering of little flecks in places. I just covered it with the soundproofing foil,
    For those stubborn bits of glue and foam that remain I used cellulose thinners to shrivel it up and then scraped it off with wallpaper scraper.

Worth at least considering if these old foams from the 70's are the type that kill you in a house fire...that said in the event my Tannoys would be the first thing I'd save from the inferno ;-)

I'm Lloyd.

Default Silent Coat

Quote Originally Posted by cooky View Post
    For those stubborn bits of glue and foam that remain I used cellulose thinners to shrivel it up and then scraped it off with wallpaper scraper.

Worth at least considering if these old foams from the 70's are the type that kill you in a house fire...that said in the event my Tannoys would be the first thing I'd save from the inferno ;-)
    Both cabinets cleanish now ..so today its Silent Coat day ...I will post a run of pics in DC ..... thats "due course" not dual concentric

I'm Edward.

Do staple the Silent Coat. Whilst the glue will work fine, over the years it may degrade resulting in the Silent Coat shifting.

§
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Alan.

Lloyd are you going to be including the woman (avatar) in your cabs, is that why she is in that position?

I'm Lloyd.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Do staple the Silent Coat. Whilst the glue will work fine, over the years it may degrade resulting in the Silent Coat shifting.

§
    I have thanks ..around 4 staples per biggish piece of silent coat ..in the corners of each piece .. hoping thats about right ?

I'm Lloyd.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Lloyd are you going to be including the woman (avatar) in your cabs, is that why she is in that position?

Oh yes ...i most certainly am ... she helps with the stiffness of the cabs ..

I'm Paul.

Get them on stands. It makes a huge difference. Nowt fancy needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SBT/Chromecast/TEAC T1 into TEAC D-T1 DAC or olde-worlde Rega Planar 2 controlled by Rotel RC850 into HH S500D or DACT Passive Pre into Mullard 5-20 monos. Then into Tannoy Cheviots and a Wharfdale sub. All connected by colourful cables.

I'm Lloyd.

Quote Originally Posted by pgarrish View Post
    Get them on stands. It makes a huge difference. Nowt fancy needed

How high ? so the center of the Driver is at ear height ? or ?

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Swann36 View Post
    How high ? so the center of the Driver is at ear height ? or ?
    That’s probably a good height to aim for. Getting them off the ground certainly helps with bass quality too.

SBT/Chromecast/TEAC T1 into TEAC D-T1 DAC or olde-worlde Rega Planar 2 controlled by Rotel RC850 into HH S500D or DACT Passive Pre into Mullard 5-20 monos. Then into Tannoy Cheviots and a Wharfdale sub. All connected by colourful cables.

I'm Lloyd.

Quote Originally Posted by pgarrish View Post
    That’s probably a good height to aim for. Getting them off the ground certainly helps with bass quality too.

Thanks ....the refurb is still on going albeit rather slower than i had hoped ... i do know now the height to get them too ..so tanks once again

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021