+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anything should I evaluate/know before buying a Caiman SEG?

I'm Giovanni.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    I use a couple of Macs with Audirvana but also an RPi 2 running Moode 3.8 ... both are splendid but for me the RPi has the edge both for SQ and flexibility (phone, iPad and desktop control...)
    This sounds interesting, would you be so kind to address me to some discussions and/or literature as to understand how to set such a thing up? It would be great as not to have another box sitting on the desk along with the meters and meters of cables already running there, the Mini, however small it is, still is a punch in the eye and being able to control such a box through either iPhone or an iPad would simply be great not to mention SQ, I just run the Mini and with iTunes it feels like listening to an iPod

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Giovanni68 View Post
    This sounds interesting, would you be so kind to address me to some discussions and/or literature as to understand how to set such a thing up? It would be great as not to have another box sitting on the desk along with the meters and meters of cables already running there, the Mini, however small it is, still is a punch in the eye and being able to control such a box through either iPhone or an iPad would simply be great not to mention SQ, I just run the Mini and with iTunes it feels like listening to an iPod

Giovanni,

there are many different Rpi configurations available depending upon your budget. The latest Rpi the 3B+ is just under £30. The HAT boards which perform the audio processing vary in price from around £30 to several hundred pounds. A case can cost less than £10 but the case you need will depend upon the audio board you buy as the cutouts are in different places for different boards. Fortunately, the audio software is free. All you need to do is download it and burn it to a micro SD card of 4gb or more. I used Moode for a while but prefer the Volumio interface. It is very easy to try out different software packages as it just entails swapping the micro SD card and rebooting. Once installed, you simply need to specify the location of your NAS drive and enter the IP address in any browser. Everything is controlled through the browser window.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123