+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS / PX - Herron Audio VTSP-2 valve stereo Pre Amp

I'm gone.

Default FS / PX - Herron Audio VTSP-2 valve stereo Pre Amp

American made valve pre amp for sale as I rather fancy moving to a solid state pre.

Hifi Plus review - http://www.herronaudio.com/images/hifiplusjan05.pdf ...
    " there’s a quality to the VTSP-2 that sets it apart as something really rather special. Its sonic invisibility allows the subtle textural details in a recording to emerge, delicate facets that let the music breathe, conjuring the instruments and singers to life. There’s an immediacy and directness to performances, a lack of obstruction or interpretive fabric to distract or confuse the listener. For once, accuracy is not a dirty word. Just be aware that you’ll need similarly fastidious ancillaries to enjoy the full compass of the VTSP-2’s performance."

Remote control of volume, mute and input selection.

Dimensions. 18" wide x 3.5" high x 10.5" deep.

Excellent condition and full working order.
    Original box/packing.

Comes with near new set of 6 Russian ecc88 and the original EH valves.

RRP $5,000.
    £950 inc insured UK delivery

I'm gone.

Oops, I should have mentioned this is 230 / 110V model so plugs direct into UK mains.

lordmortlock Guest

Brilliant amp! The most transparent valve pre I’ve ever heard. It’s as see through as the best passives, but with real dynamics. Does that thing that the best valve pres do in adding an extra dimension of space and texture. Huge following in the US, where Keith Herron is considered a bit of a god.

I'm gone.

Thanks Jake.

Yes, it is a really good'un.
    Lovely looking beast, too.
    You've got me thinking about changing my mind ...

lordmortlock Guest

I have to say I can’t think of an active SS pre I’d rather own J. Especially not at this price.

I'm Paul.

Jerry, is this line level input only? The review indicates no phono stage despite the phono button.
    Paul

I'm gone.

Hi Paul - no phonostage - I think the input channel is labeled phono so it's there if you want to connect up a separate phonostage. I think it's identical to all the others.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Hi Paul - no phonostage - I think the input channel is labeled phono so it's there if you want to connect up a separate phonostage. I think it's identical to all the others.
    Are you sure about that Jerry? Non-phono linestages don't generally have an earthing post next to the input marked phono ...

This looks like a nice bit of kit.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Are you sure about that Jerry? Non-phono linestages don't generally have an earthing post next to the input marked phono ...
    I'm (almost 100%) sure it's only line level.

I think this unit shares the same chassis as the cheaper solid state HL-1 preamp and that one has an option for an internal phonostage.

From the Hifi+ review --- "There’s a ground post and in the case of the solid-state HL-1, the option to install an internal, fet-based MM/MC phono-stage. "

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I'm (almost 100%) sure it's only line level.

I think this unit shares the same chassis as the cheaper solid state HL-1 preamp and that one has an option for an internal phonostage.

From the Hifi+ review --- "There’s a ground post and in the case of the solid-state HL-1, the option to install an internal, fet-based MM/MC phono-stage. "
    That makes sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast