+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turntable feet

I'm Drew.

Some great suggestions thanks...I'll also be trying out these, I like the fact the springs can be added/removed depending on weight to be supported..
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Aluminu...53.m1438.l2649

I'm Grant.

had a set of something similar once. never really used them as i went to a levitation system
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by da2222 View Post
    Some great suggestions thanks...I'll also be trying out these, I like the fact the springs can be added/removed depending on weight to be supported..
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Aluminu...53.m1438.l2649
    And if the springs are removed, you might as well use 4 blocks of wood.

I'm Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    And if the springs are removed, you might as well use 4 blocks of wood.
    No. Obviously not all the springs. There are 5 or 6 per support, you can remove one or two, as necessary...

montesquieu Guest

Just bought one of those from Kevin... It's been a protracted transaction to say the least, his comms are non-existent but at least he's now sending me the latest LCR MK3 version. Should get it in the next couple of weeks...
    I've dealt with Kevin on and off for over 10 years, I bought a couple of his DACs in the early days, a DHT preamp a few years back, and last year a quite superb Aleph-M inspired power amp, also lots of components and bits and pieces over the years. It's all top quality stuff. Most recently I bought these speaker cables which are absolutely superb.

I have been in touch with him around his LCR phono stage too but communication got pretty bad in recent months, so I got the wife to write to him in Chinese. He answered with the reply that he hadn't been too well lately and had had trouble keeping up with everything, but was starting to get back on track.

He is indeed working on a v3 of his LCR which should be out shortly, there are also plans after that for a MM only version with multiple inputs and a mono button that I'm hanging out for (without all the variable gain gubbins) though he said that wasn't likely to be available till the autumn as there's more required than just a tweak to the Mk3 version.

I am actually hoping to meet up with him next time I am in Taiwan.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    I've dealt with Kevin on and off for over 10 years, I bought a couple of his DACs in the early days, a DHT preamp a few years back, and last year a quite superb Aleph-M inspired power amp, also lots of components and bits and pieces over the years. It's all top quality stuff. Most recently I bought these speaker cables which are absolutely superb.

I have been in touch with him around his LCR phono stage too but communication got pretty bad in recent months, so I got the wife to write to him in Chinese. He answered with the reply that he hadn't been too well lately and had had trouble keeping up with everything, but was starting to get back on track.

He is indeed working on a v3 of his LCR which should be out shortly, there are also plans after that for a MM only version with multiple inputs and a mono button that I'm hanging out for (without all the variable gain gubbins) though he said that wasn't likely to be available till the autumn as there's more required than just a tweak to the Mk3 version.

That LCR phonostage really piqued my interest. Nice guy too. Bought a few bits off him.

I'm Drew.

I'm looking forward to receiving the LCR MKIII, reviews of the previous incarnations have been very good indeed. Re Kevin prior to and post purchase, I sent a large volume of emails and didn't receive any form of reply at all till I opened a Paypal case a full month after buying, upon which he replied citing illness and being too busy developing the new MKII model to reply... Not great to be honest, a quick line would have been sufficient. Anyway fingers crossed for the phono stage...

montesquieu Guest

I'm looking forward to receiving the LCR MKIII, reviews of the previous incarnations have been very good indeed. Re Kevin prior to and post purchase, I sent a large volume of emails and didn't receive any form of reply at all till I opened a Paypal case a full month after buying, upon which he replied citing illness and being too busy developing the new MKII model to reply... Not great to be honest, a quick line would have been sufficient. Anyway fingers crossed for the phono stage...
    Yes my speaker cable went into a black hole with no responses which surprised me as earlier in the year he was very chatty about the phono stage. The cable did arrive eventually about six weeks after ordering. This was not my experience in the past. I do believe he has been genuinely ill.

I read the Thorsten Loesch review of the Valab LCR which put the Mk1 almost on a par with the EAR 912, this really piqued my interest. Kevin is in the right place to get inductors wound with high precision (this is what makes LCR phono stages expensive and hard to do). No tubes inside but he know what he is doing with discrete gain stages - I had an Aurorasound Vida previously which was solid state but nevertheless worked well, so I don't consider tubes 100% essential.

I'm holding out though for the MM version of the Valab with two inputs and mono button (it appears that Kevin is quite into mono himself). Be really keen to hear how you get on. Pity you are so far away we could do our own shoot-out between the Valab and the EAR 912.

I'm Drew.

Yes my speaker cable went into a black hole with no responses which surprised me as earlier in the year he was very chatty about the phono stage. The cable did arrive eventually about six weeks after ordering. This was not my experience in the past. I do believe he has been genuinely ill.

I read the Thorsten Loesch review of the Valab LCR which put the Mk1 almost on a par with the EAR 912, this really piqued my interest. Kevin is in the right place to get inductors wound with high precision (this is what makes LCR phono stages expensive and hard to do). No tubes inside but he know what he is doing with discrete gain stages - I had an Aurorasound Vida previously which was solid state but nevertheless worked well, so I don't consider tubes 100% essential.

I'm holding out though for the MM version of the Valab with two inputs and mono button (it appears that Kevin is quite into mono himself). Be really keen to hear how you get on. Pity you are so far away we could do our own shoot-out between the Valab and the EAR 912.
    Yes, I've read that review too and others on an Australian forum (the name escapes me) but most seemed very positive indeed. I have a Longdog Audio 300B amp, a Phonomac 1005mk2 with AT33PTG/II MC and will be interested to see how the combination works. An added SUT might be a longer term addition, funds permitting. A comparison with the EAR would be very interesting indeed, shame it's not possible for now...
    Last edited by da2222; 17-12-2018 at 17:38.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12