+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Switched attenuators, what's all the fuss about?

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Thought this might be of some help to Khozmo users.

After a couple of months use the action of my Khozmo started to feel a little indistinct and had lost that positive 'click'. At times it seemed you could almost catch it out in between steps. I found out from the Hifi Collective website that it's possible to adjust the torque setting required to move the switch by one step. Simply move it to its mid position, 24 out of the 48 steps, insert a 2mm metric Allen hex key into the adjustment hole on the side and give it a clockwise partial turn to increase the torque setting. Positive 'click' is now restored and no chance of hitting a half on half off 'mid-position'.

Result!

You can see the adjustment hole just below the right hand resistor.

Great! I really wanted to play with my Khozmo but didn't want to ruin it. Thanks for the post, I will keep tha in mind.

I'm Panos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Totally forgot you were doing this!

The end result looks sensational. I'm a huge fan.
    Hi Oliver,

I had almost forgotten myself as well. But finally I received it. The result is VERY good. The voices are realistic like never before. I just need more time to assess the sound without being carried away by the first impression.

A veil has been lifted, more detail can be heard, better separation in space has been achieved. Definitely several steps ahead. The best from the two worlds of passive and active preamps.

Highly recommended (until further notice).
    Last edited by pankon; 25-05-2019 at 19:27.
    System1: Lenco L75 with custom plinth, SLAT, sph bearing, SG4 external power supply + Alfred Bokrand AB-309 tonearm + Denon DL103R (aluminum body) + Well Tempered 12" tonearm clone + Denon DL103R (wooden body), ASR Mini Basis Exclusive HV, Marantz CD6005, LAB12 DAC1 SE+, Hattor BIG passive + active pre, Lab12 Suono power amp, Falcon LS3/5a Gold Badge, LAB12 Gordian, Belden 8428, Black Cat Red Level Triode, LAB12 Knack MkII

System 2: Roksan Xerxes original (HiFi Inspire plinth) with Maxon ReMax motor + Audiomods Series6 + Ortofon Cadenza Black microridge retipped, ASR Mini Basis Exclusive, Marantz CD6003, Croft Micro25R + Series7R monoblocks (110W/ea), Harbeth SHL5 Plus 40th Anniv.

System 3: Marantz CD6003, Croft SuperMicroII ('R' spec by Croft, Tesla E83CC in phono)+ Series7, Snell Type EII (with bypass caps, new internal wiring, WBT nextgen 0703Cu), Mark Grant HDX1, Atlas Hyper 3.0

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pankon View Post
    Hi Oliver,

I had almost forgotten myself as well. But finally I received it. The result is VERY good. The voices are realistic like never before. I just need more time to assess the sound without being carried away by the first impression.

A veil has been lifted, more detail can be heard, better separation is space has been achieved. Definitely several steps ahead. The best from the two worlds of passive and active preamps.

Highly recommended (until further notice).
    Great result and one I completely expected.

Well done!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678