Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
I think this sums up my approach as well, although I have recently spent on TT upgrades that are larger than 'tweaks'.

Now the AD attenuator has been in for a few days all the usual favourite albums have been played, plus a couple of others.

The improvement has been amazing, I am even hearing a better sound from DAB radio at 128kbps, insane.
(Not much but an improvement given the source).

One of the most notable changes has been to the lower registers, they are palpably more distinct. The effect is to underpin the sound with what you could describe as better foundations to a building.
The bass and midbass is now an integrated part of the sound, not drawing any adverse attention, no bloat but tremendous impact when there should be. Kick drums come over with a solidity and power that wasn't apparent before.

The rest of the spectrum has opened out as well, cymbals tinkle more, individual instruments are placed more distinctly. Multiple voices are now all individual such that you can enjoy the performance more due to hearing everyone's contribution.
The power and rasp of brass instruments has come to the fore, I even heard greater nuances on the Yello Toy album, which has been played a lot.

Another big bonus is that CD reproduction has taken a leap forward, now instead of wishing the CD was a vinyl record, I can enjoy the medium without thinking it needs a big upgrade to compete.
Now that's a very pleasant surprise

In conclusion the best single upgrade I have made................

I have been counting up the upgrades over the last 12 months and they total 7. I'll put these into a new thread.
ever tried a good AVC like slagle in place of the these fancy new attenuators?

i'm asking because people keep on telling me that the new stuff (KIN, DCB1) sounds better than slagle AVC which is technically speaking wrong comparison - active device vs passive volume controller. yes it can be done but we should be clear that we don't listen to differences between fixed and variable output impedance.