+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Ljubljana - Slovenia

I'm Primoz.

Default Hello from Ljubljana - Slovenia

Hi,
    I have Quad Esl 57, Quad 33 and 303. Now I'm in a search of vintage tube amplifier. Quad II or Radford STA15. I see add for Radford STA15 here on forum which I would like to buy, but seller offer only local pick-up. Any idea what now?
    Thank you in advance.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Primoz. Welcome to AOS.

I guess you will just have to keep looking if you want a Radford amplifier, or order a new one from Radford Revival, which are as good or better than the originals.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm gone.

Hi Primoz

You are from Ljubljana?
    Wow - if you are a classical music fan then you have an amazing orchestra that was conducted by Anton Nanut, one of my musical heroes!! - some fantastic recodings over the years, some of the very best that have ever been made in my opinion!

Anyway, welcome to the forum and do join in with the chat as well as looking for the equipment that you want.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Primoz,

As a fellow Quad 57 user, I can recommend the Radford STA15 Mk. III. I have used Quad IIsm however I and many others regard the Radford as the superior design. But then the 303, and later Quad amplifiers, are also excellent to use with Quad speakers.

However Radfords are not easy to come by, so I would recommend you look at your Quad 33 preamp. The design is quite dated now, so either think about having it refurbished and upgraded by Dada electronics in Belgium (http://www.dadaelectronics.eu/), or consider a 'passive' device.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread