+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Chromecast Audio

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    DC-DC Converter Step Down Module 12V to 5V 3A 15W USB Output Power Adapter https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01G8PZS..._fUTuCbVMWKY07

???

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Just purchased one of these. I'm thinking I can power my RPi with my Maplin 12v regulated psu with it..? That'll save me a few bob

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Just purchased one of these. I'm thinking I can power my RPi with my Maplin 12v regulated psu with it..? That'll save me a few bob

I'm really hoping it works for the Chromecast but if not there's always the current powerbank

Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I had a Pi/Allo Boss setup until recently and I thought that beat the CCA into my SEG no problem.

Just recently setup my Allo Sparky/Piano/Kali and that beats both the Pi/Boss and CCA. All using Spotify Premium and Qobuz HiFi.

For the money the CCA is decent enough but it's back in the cupboard for emergency use.
    Just out of interest we’re you running the cca with a Ethernet and linear ps?

I'm Mike.

Default Chromecast Audio

Quote Originally Posted by Leeken View Post
    Just out of interest we’re you running the cca with a Ethernet and linear ps?
    Linear PSU and WiFi, tried the Google Ethernet PSU as well.

Unable to try Linear PSU and Ethernet, I know this is possible but a: I won’t do that as I’m not able to and b: the CCA is far enough behind my existing setup that it’s not worth the bother.

My SoTm streamer beats the CCA too, but note this is all combos in my system and with my hearing, your results may differ.

I'm Lee.

Cheers Mike,really didnt want to go down the pi route,but it looks like I may have to,I’m amazed at how good the cca is with “some” recordings through Spotify,do you need a computer turned on to stream Spotify through the pi?

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeken View Post
    Cheers Mike,really didnt want to go down the pi route,but it looks like I may have to,I’m amazed at how good the cca is with “some” recordings through Spotify,do you need a computer turned on to stream Spotify through the pi?
    If you use volumio on the pi you can link your Spotify to that and control it in the android app, I'm sure other operating systems on pi have that too

Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post

Just a quick update. Received the dc converter linked today. Plumbed it in and magically it worked. Got my Capella, SEG and CCA running on battery.

I'm Greg.

I’m using a Chromecast via its analogue output into my Leben amp. My Roon Nucleus works very well with it, as you’d expect due to Chromecast being ‘Roon Ready’. It works up to a max output of 24/96 or 24/88.2. I’ve used it with my old Arcam airDAC before but the clicking relays were quite annoying. Works fine straight out of its own 3.5mm output though.

I'm Nick.

Just a quick update. Received the dc converter linked today. Plumbed it in and magically it worked. Got my Capella, SEG and CCA running on battery.

I'm tony.

Rabbit hole Nick....let us know your impressions.

I would be interested on your impressions of power bank v lead acid on the CCA.

Might get the band back together and run my CCA and Innous zen via battery....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast