+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Chromecast Audio

I'm gordan.

sure not, but touch is out of production for mere 5 years so not really comparable - i asked wondering should i sell SB touch and get this one?
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by anubisgrau View Post
    sure not, but touch is out of production for mere 5 years so not really comparable - i asked wondering should i sell SB touch and get this one?
    Not if it's working perfectly well, I have a CCA and it's ok for the money and handy for Spotify window shopping and background listening.

Thing is you'll find the CCA at around £30 so no need to sell your SBT it's cheap enough to buy, try and sell on if don't like.

I'm Gareth.

Quote Originally Posted by anubisgrau View Post
    Not if gapless playback is important to you. As good as the CCA is, the lack of gapless playback lets it down.

I'm tony.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Not if it's working perfectly well, I have a CCA and it's ok for the money and handy for Spotify window shopping and background listening.

Thing is you'll find the CCA at around £30 so no need to sell your SBT it's cheap enough to buy, try and sell on if don't like.
    with a decent glass optical and good dac its pretty bloody good...a proper hi fi bargain IMHO

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    with a decent glass optical and good dac its pretty bloody good...a proper hi fi bargain IMHO
    Hearing it on your system for the first time I thought you were pulling my leg "a Google Chromecast cast?! Sounds good?! Pfft aye right" but I was honestly pleasantly surprised, it's very good for it's price point

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm tony.

still a wee bit sibilant to my ears on the standard psu but bloody impressive none the less.

havent got round to going off grid with it-but will in time

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    still a wee bit sibilant to my ears on the standard psu but bloody impressive none the less.

havent got round to going off grid with it-but will in time
    Just got it rigged up, will need a good few hours to get my head around it but can confirm it runs off of a portable phone charger/power bank:

Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Just got it rigged up, will need a good few hours to get my head around it but can confirm it runs off of a portable phone charger/power bank:

Cool
    Is that an optical 3.5mm to toslink cable I spy?
    Next upgrade is the Lan to USB converter Google make (but you'll want to butcher it to get away from the Wall wart Power supply that's integrated into it).
    Inevitable slippery slope

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Magna Audio View Post
    Cool
    Is that an optical 3.5mm to toslink cable I spy?
    Next upgrade is the Lan to USB converter Google make (but you'll want to butcher it to get away from the Wall wart Power supply that's integrated into it).
    Inevitable slippery slope

It is indeed, I was shocked when I read the CCA had optical out, really nice of Google to include that.

Does the lan to usb do anything other than increase the connectivity (since it's a wired connection)? If so I don't see it as necessary, I think the wireless connection is quite spot on. Can take a wee while booting up, especially if I've moved it from room to room but once it's going for a bit it seems flawless

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    It is indeed, I was shocked when I read the CCA had optical out, really nice of Google to include that.

Does the lan to usb do anything other than increase the connectivity (since it's a wired connection)? If so I don't see it as necessary, I think the wireless connection is quite spot on. Can take a wee while booting up, especially if I've moved it from room to room but once it's going for a bit it seems flawless

The Lan does indeed improve sound quality further.
    In my case it is NOT due to poor WiFi. My router is just 1.5m from the CCA and low ping / very good down and upload speeds.

The improvement comes in turning off the wireless receiver / transmitter in CCA, which cleans up the sound.

I and others have found the same thing on PC and RPi based music servers too.
    You can't beat copper.

System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast