Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Kevan.

Now Google have killed Chromecast! I have 5 providing a very useful synchronised streaming through the house at surprisingly good quality particularly through the Beresford DACs .

I wonder how long they will remain supported, probably only a year or so. Any suggestions of what I could replace these with when the time comes? The Chromecasts replaced a bunch of old airport expresses that had lost support from Apple's networking set up software and I could never et properly time synchronised.

Kevan
    Caber10

Main System:
    Thorens TD160 Mk11 , SME 3009 Mk 2 improved, Stanton 681EE
    2 X Quad 33/303 recently fully recapped and serviced
    Quad ESL63 with Gradient SW63
    Cyrus CD1
    Beresford Caiman, Gator board and Dorado
    Chromecast Audio

Bedroom:
    Chromecast auido
    Cyrus 2
    Ackroyd Coniston on stands

Kitchen:
    Chromecast audio
    Chinese valve amp kit
    Boliver model 18 stand mount speakers

Gallery
    Dunlop SystemDek 2X
    GramAmp2 phono stage
    Beresford Bushmaster with output mods
    Chromecast Audio
    CELEF PE1 monitors

I'm Dave.

My Memory - https://www.mymemory.co.uk are selling these off at £24.99 or 2 for £42 today.

I thought I'd have one spare - but balked at getting two more.
    Dave

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    My Memory - https://www.mymemory.co.uk are selling these off at £24.99 or 2 for £42 today.

I thought I'd have one spare - but balked at getting two more.

I just bought another one from My Memory as you say £24.99

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Magna Audio View Post
    I tried Chromecast Audio a couple of weeks back.
    Optical in to my DSP DACs / X/O unit.
    With a linear 5v supply it is very good. With a Ethernet to usb converter and removing the switching PSU and giving it linear power it's insanely good!

With either Spotify or Tidal it has the better of my laptop / Jriver / WaveIO I2S input route.

Spotify is very sensitive to nice clean power and good streaming signal it seems, as until Ethernet / linear it was clearly inferior to Tidal. Now it's a level playing field.
    How or why that is / can be I cannot explain.

I'm going to give my router a linear power supply next..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    Can you recommend a power supply for it?

I was thinking a portable phone charger/powerbank but unsure about the cleanliness of that as a supply

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Can you recommend a power supply for it?

I was thinking a portable phone charger/powerbank but unsure about the cleanliness of that as a supply

A big phone charger battery is better than the wall plug (switching mode power supply).
    I tested these against a linear PSU I got and preferred the linear supply by a good margin.
    I got 3 from eBay.
    One 5v and two 12v..
    Each one can power two pieces of equipment.
    Seem to be out of stock at the moment..
    Have to cut off the DC plug and solder on a cut off usb cable / plug though..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Sounds like someone from ZZ9 plural Z alpha is going to be Terminated.

Is it obligatory to have a recognisable earthly address?
    Just a town if big is sufficient or county
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nick.

A big phone charger battery is better than the wall plug (switching mode power supply).
    I tested these against a linear PSU I got and preferred the linear supply by a good margin.
    I got 3 from eBay.
    One 5v and two 12v..
    Each one can power two pieces of equipment.
    Seem to be out of stock at the moment..
    Have to cut off the DC plug and solder on a cut off usb cable / plug though..

I'd love it if I could power it using a car battery

Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    I'd love it if I could power it using a car battery

You need 5v for CCA.

I got the 12v supplies for two routers I have

System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

I'm Nick.

You need 5v for CCA.

I got the 12v supplies for two routers I have

Shame :/ Still even if I don't use the CCA that much it's still a bargain at £27.50

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast