+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shane's System Blog

I'm Shane.

Default Shane's System Blog

Still using my trusty little Mordaunt Short MS10i Speakers. Gosh, I bought them nearly 7 years ago now. Amazing that I've still kept them after selling so many other speakers!

For CD, I'm using a Technics SL-PS620A. Nothing too much to write home about, but it does the job.

This is the amp I'm using at the moment- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIFI-Fini...53.m2749.l2649

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

Home Hi-Fi Chat UK (Facebook Group)

I'm Shane.

Will get some pics up in a couple days.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Shane.

Default Always Looking.

Was planning on picking up a Unison Unico in the new year, but this is no longer going to happen. For now I'll just ''make do'' with my current amplifier. I'm always keeping my eye out on the local hifi horizon. Finding decent secondhand Hi-Fi in Torquay can be hard sometimes. The audio buffs down in Exeter/beyond have better chances of finding nice kit locally, bloody bastards!

Got a Schiit Mani 3 on it's way. I really rate Schiit products. Great VFM.

Must get some pics up when I have time.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Phil.

schiit stuff is very good as yu say shane , been enjoying the freya pre and saga for a while now
    1]bel canto pre 3 vbs /MSB s200 , / onkyo sacd/ bel canto fm1
    sonos, . tannoy eaton legacy 2]schiit freya pre , firebottle mono`s marantz sa8005 bel canto 3.5vbss and RFC impulse ta`us , track audio stands 3] harbeth p3esr /rotel

I'm Shane.

Got some Q Acoustics 2010i Speakers here. Not a huge fan of their '2010' family, but I'll give these 2010i a chance. Not sure how long I'll keep them for though? Probably looking at least a couple months. If all turns out good, well who knows, maybe endgame, eh?

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    Got some Q Acoustics 2010i Speakers here. Not a huge fan of their '2010' family, but I'll give these 2010i a chance. Not sure how long I'll keep them for though? Probably looking at least a couple months. If all turns out good, well who knows, maybe endgame, eh?

S.
    That's what we're all after but rarely get there.

How's the amp.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3+ With Allo Boss.
    Amplification: Nelson Pass DCB1 with Khozmo 48 Step Series Attenuator & Krell KSA100 MK2 Amplifier
    Cables: SPOTFIRE Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & NEW SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    That's what we're all after but rarely get there.

How's the amp.
    Not sure how to really describe this amp. Need to spend more time listening to know its true colors. Prior I was using an Exposure 2010S2, now that is a good little amp. Should have kept it, hey ho!

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Shane.

Nothing has changed in my system yet. Haven't had the time to sit down and listen to some tunes lately.

Toying around with the idea of getting some Dali speakers, possibly before Summer season comes along.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    Nothing has changed in my system yet. Haven't had the time to sit down and listen to some tunes lately.

Toying around with the idea of getting some Dali speakers, possibly before Summer season comes along.

S.
    Hi Shane,
    strong reccy here for the Dali Zensor 5 small floorstanders, picked up a set for the office system and despite their small size they perform a magic trick with a rich deep bass and very clear mid and top end.
    Great little things, got mine in white to match the room.

Dali's are small floorstanders. Next to the Eddingdales (Mind you the E's ARE very big!)

Have Hifi n stuff.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nice office system, Gaz! Is that another Densen?

Oh, and what's that Sony stuff in your main system?

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast