+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: renewing yamaha ns 20 speakers

I'm arsenico.

i will replicate the A circuit as it is the one found in the specs drawing

i will have to recreate the two bridges

adding resistors from Kiwame, Japanese brand that offers exact resistance values

I'm arsenico.

and using the mundorf capacitors, one 1+1,5 uf in series, and one 100uf directly

due to their size i have to place them in the other side of the circuit

please, comment anything that you consider odd or that can be done other way

I'm arsenico.

list of materials

100uF 50V Mundorf ECap AC PLAIN electrolytic capacitor
    1uF 600V Mundorf MCap Supreme Capacitor
    1.5uF 600V Mundorf MCap Supreme Capacitor
    3R9 5W Kiwame Resistor
    8R2 5W Kiwame Resistor
    16R 5W Kiwame Resistor
    24R 5W Kiwame Resistor

I'm arsenico.

finished the renewal of these crossovers

silver solder and new cables OFC

I'm John.

Looks great. Those Mundorfs take time to run in. Give them a few days use before making any judgements. They will sound dull and flat for a while, at least mine did. Love the speakers

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Looks great. Those Mundorfs take time to run in. Give them a few days use before making any judgements. They will sound dull and flat for a while, at least mine did. Love the speakers
    +1 with everything John says, I remember thinking I'd made a massive mistake when I had my Tannoy's upgraded. Fantastic thread arsenico.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Edward.

Really interesting!

I'm intrigued by this type of speaker (back facing bass driver) so did a bit of googling. Came across this blog entry from Japan which goes into a lot of interesting detail.

Here is a translation.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm arsenico.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    thank you, will delay any judgement, ...but i must say they sound fantastic even now

I'm arsenico.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    +1 with everything John says, I remember thinking I'd made a massive mistake when I had my Tannoy's upgraded. Fantastic thread arsenico.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Really interesting!

I'm intrigued by this type of speaker (back facing bass driver) so did a bit of googling. Came across this blog entry from Japan which goes into a lot of interesting detail.

Here is a translation.
    yes, my thought was exactly that, i was intrigued so i wanted to try them, not easy as there are not many available for sale in europe, and shipping such a huge and heavy speakers is indeed expensive

i started with a pair of ns230 just to try the open-back faced bass, i was very positively surprised by them, so the big brothers were the nxt target

thank you very much for the japanese blog, there is not much information on these speakers

I'm arsenico.

sound test,
    Last edited by dequincey; 18-12-2018 at 20:11.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast