+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hello from bilbao, baskenland

I'm arsenico.

Default hello from bilbao, baskenland

hello, i am sitting here in front of this thing, suffering from middle age dissease,
    i am engineer by training, and i like to do all sort of things usisng my hands, learning about interesting things, and putting them in practice, someone told me that i love the motto form follows form, it might be right

i am stuck in the seventies in many aspects as furniture, cars, fashion, and hifi gear

all started three years ago, i was moderately happy with my CD reader + DAC + a dedicated valve amp and grado headphones

but discovered my old stack of vinyl records and thought about how to listen to them

to make a long story short here is the setup,

B&O beogram 1202 with eliptical dedicated stylus sp-12, sansui au 555-A solid state stereo amplifier, sansui tu 666 tuner, B&W P4 speakers (which are now getting dusty for no use)

my new interest is in speakers, and specifically in the yamaha NS series, i will try to share my discoveries and recent work, hope you find it interesting and can shed some light over this not always easy path

thank you

I'm Geoff.

Hi Arsenico. Welcome to AOS.

If you want to chat about vintage gear and vinyl you've come to the right place.

We have a few Yamaha NS-1000 owners here, so if you want any opinions, just ask.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm arsenico.

thank you Geoff

i am more in the ns 230 to ns 20 old gear range, 1968 till 1978, but hope knowledge will be broad enough

I'm arsenico.

a couple of pics of my setup

20181101_191805.jpg

20181202_105054.jpg

I'm Robert.

Hi Arsenico,

Nice to have you onboard.

My first ever time on an aeroplane and travel abroad was to Bilbao.

My group did a gig at the festival you have there in the summer.

This would have been around 1990.

It was a Mad Professor promotion, with us (Intense), Augustus Pablo and others.

Great festival with the mountains in front if us in the distance I remember.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm arsenico.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Hi Arsenico,

Nice to have you onboard.

My first ever time on an aeroplane and travel abroad was to Bilbao.

My group did a gig at the festival you have there in the summer.

This would have been around 1990.

It was a Mad Professor promotion, with us (Intense), Augustus Pablo and others.

Great festival with the mountains in front if us in the distance I remember.

wow that is very exceptional, now the festival is called BBK Live, i went there to listen to Robert Smith & Friends a couple of years ago, it was an epic concert, Mr. Smith played acoustic three songs while the team was solving a technical problem, fantastic guy: "i think i have to get the rest of the group with me,...thats why its the cure and not robert smith" :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSBVNj6p5kM

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Arsenico.

It looks like you have two B&O turntables with B&O arms. The SP-12 is a fine cartridge, and one I would like to try myself.

We have some Sansui fans here.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm arsenico.

yes i do have the beogram 1202 and the 1203
    sp-12 that i bought NOS from a guy that has those
    regards

+ Reply to Thread