+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas is coming and the DCB1's getting fat......

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keith1962 View Post
    Just about finished my project with the addition of some 2mm aluminium angle under the Fets and across the 4 rectifier. Bought some 30mmx30mmx12mm heat sinks that are self adhesive and stuck to the aluminium angle. Fets and rectifiers are hot still but no problem pressing fingers onto them hard and leaving them there. Might get a couple more and stick them to the other side of the vertical ones on the rectifiers just to make sure.
    I have 1.2R resistors and get about 852mA output from one side and 882mA from the other. Is it worth the effort to match them?
    KR
    Keith.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Well done! Looks good.

I wouldn't bother, it's very difficult to get them exact.

Just enjoy the fruits of your labour!

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Cool looks good. nice one. What are the brown caps in the middle ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    At the cutting edge of Numptyness!

I'm Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by smangus View Post
    Cool looks good. nice one. What are the brown caps in the middle ?

They are Jupiter Cu foil in paper and wax. The unit came with Mundorf Mcap Evos in place of the normal Wimas. I checked with Salas through DIYAudio and he confirmed the places for foo if you are that way inclined are these 2 caps and the 8 resistors near the output from the board (220R, 220K and 1M I think the values are?). Mine came with Shinkoh for 220R and Rikens for the other 4 so didn't bother changing them.
    The main purpose of the project was to turn the pcb through 90 degrees and put the selector and volume either side. When I got it the board ran lengthways in the case and the volume and selector were one above the other where the selector switch is still. I didn't like that arrangement especially on the front which didn't look right. Bought some 10mm aluminium plate from Metal Supermarket and made a new front panel and repositioned the knobs. I think it looks much better now.
    Will try and upload some pics of how it was originally.
    KR
    Keith.

Garrard 401, Groovemaster 2, Arche headshell, Miyajima Shilabe, Paradise Phono amp,
    Aqua La Voce dac
    Salas DCB1
    Najda active crossover and DSP.
    Crown XLi 1500 x 2 bridged, Neurochrome Mod 86 monos, Guy Sergeant Hiraga Le Monstre,
    DIY open baffle with 18" Fane Colossus XB, Beyma 12p80ND and Beyma TPL150H with BK XLS 400 sub.

I'm Alan.

Looking good there Keith, I see you have gone for the Audio Dimension attenuator

If you can keep your finger on all the heatsinks then no more cooling required.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Quote Originally Posted by keith1962 View Post
    They are Jupiter Cu foil in paper and wax. The unit came with Mundorf Mcap Evos in place of the normal Wimas. I checked with Salas through DIYAudio and he confirmed the places for foo if you are that way inclined are these 2 caps and the 8 resistors near the output from the board (220R, 220K and 1M I think the values are?). Mine came with Shinkoh for 220R and Rikens for the other 4 so didn't bother changing them.
    The main purpose of the project was to turn the pcb through 90 degrees and put the selector and volume either side. When I got it the board ran lengthways in the case and the volume and selector were one above the other where the selector switch is still. I didn't like that arrangement especially on the front which didn't look right. Bought some 10mm aluminium plate from Metal Supermarket and made a new front panel and repositioned the knobs. I think it looks much better now.
    Will try and upload some pics of how it was originally.
    KR
    Keith.

Thats interesting , thanks

At the cutting edge of Numptyness!

I'm Steve.

Hi Keith
    Nice build mate.
    I notice you've not fitted the 10 bias led, any particular reason ??

Steve..
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

I'm Keith.

Steve,
    Whoever did the original build put most of the leds underneath the board for some reason, I just haven't bothered to move them. Similarly with the Riken and Shinkoh resistors which are not very tidy but never got round to sorting them out and you can't see them with the lid on anyway.
    KR
    Keith.
    Garrard 401, Groovemaster 2, Arche headshell, Miyajima Shilabe, Paradise Phono amp,
    Aqua La Voce dac
    Salas DCB1
    Najda active crossover and DSP.
    Crown XLi 1500 x 2 bridged, Neurochrome Mod 86 monos, Guy Sergeant Hiraga Le Monstre,
    DIY open baffle with 18" Fane Colossus XB, Beyma 12p80ND and Beyma TPL150H with BK XLS 400 sub.

I'm Steve.

Hi Keith
    Thanks for the explanation.
    Looks don't reallt matter, you'll have the lid on anyway.
    As long as it sounds good
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Ok here's a question to ponder while the case wends it's way to me from the PRC. I listen to my headphones through my NJC headphone amp a lot , how do I add another pair of output sockets to the pre to plug that into separately? Is it as simple as running an extra lead from the out of the board to another set of RCAs? Can't believe it will be that easy but I live in hope

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smangus View Post
    Ok here's a question to ponder while the case wends it's way to me from the PRC. I listen to my headphones through my NJC headphone amp a lot , how do I add another pair of output sockets to the pre to plug that into separately? Is it as simple as running an extra lead from the out of the board to another set of RCAs? Can't believe it will be that easy but I live in hope
    Just wire another set of RCA sockets from the RCA outputs. Directly. Simple.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast