+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas is coming and the DCB1's getting fat......

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Well I've been looking at cases and stuff for the DCB1, quite a lot of choice out their however think I might have to get this just for the sheer cheek of it and lols

yes I know it's steel but that can be overcome!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tube-prea...53.m1438.l2649

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smangus View Post
    Well I've been looking at cases and stuff for the DCB1, quite a lot of choice out their however think I might have to get this just for the sheer cheek of it and lols

yes I know it's steel but that can be overcome!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tube-prea...53.m1438.l2649
    Yes, I like that a lot. Retro beauty.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

yes I like it too , should get a plaque made up saying "DCB1-better than a" and place it in a strategic place!

Bigman80 Guest

yes I like it too , should get a plaque made up saying "DCB1-better than a" and place it in a strategic place!
    yes, cheeky. I love it.

I'm Keith.

Only one problem, looks nothing like any M7 I've seen.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Garrard 401, Groovemaster 2, Arche headshell, Miyajima Shilabe, Paradise Phono amp,
    Aqua La Voce dac
    Salas DCB1
    Najda active crossover and DSP.
    Crown XLi 1500 x 2 bridged, Neurochrome Mod 86 monos, Guy Sergeant Hiraga Le Monstre,
    DIY open baffle with 18" Fane Colossus XB, Beyma 12p80ND and Beyma TPL150H with BK XLS 400 sub.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Quote Originally Posted by keith1962 View Post
    Only one problem, looks nothing like any M7 I've seen.

that's ok , as a) I like the style generally and b) I won't ever be passing it off as such. just need to worknout some internal layout dims as ideally I'd like some thing a bit smaller.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    At the cutting edge of Numptyness!

I'm Keith.

that's ok , as a) I like the style generally and b) I won't ever be passing it off as such. just need to worknout some internal layout dims as ideally I'd like some thing a bit smaller.

Yes, I know you are not passing it off as such but for the cheeky joke to work I would have thought it would at least need to look like one, especially as the eBay seller has badged it as m7, not that he is doing so as a joke.
    Anyhoo, how is your build going? I have fitted my transformer and the temp. of the Fets and the rectifier has reduced a fair bit. It is now running at a slightly reduced current of around 850ma but still sounding very good. Will probably stick at that and get the front and lid back on with the knobs relocated after the change to the internal layout. Also have a bit more heat sinking arriving just to be sure on temp.
    KR
    Keith.

Garrard 401, Groovemaster 2, Arche headshell, Miyajima Shilabe, Paradise Phono amp,
    Aqua La Voce dac
    Salas DCB1
    Najda active crossover and DSP.
    Crown XLi 1500 x 2 bridged, Neurochrome Mod 86 monos, Guy Sergeant Hiraga Le Monstre,
    DIY open baffle with 18" Fane Colossus XB, Beyma 12p80ND and Beyma TPL150H with BK XLS 400 sub.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Quote Originally Posted by keith1962 View Post
    Yes, I know you are not passing it off as such but for the cheeky joke to work I would have thought it would at least need to look like one, especially as the eBay seller has badged it as m7, not that he is doing so as a joke.
    Anyhoo, how is your build going? I have fitted my transformer and the temp. of the Fets and the rectifier has reduced a fair bit. It is now running at a slightly reduced current of around 850ma but still sounding very good. Will probably stick at that and get the front and lid back on with the knobs relocated after the change to the internal layout. Also have a bit more heat sinking arriving just to be sure on temp.
    KR
    Keith.

Well the board is basically stuffed so I have ordered hook up wire and switches so am waiting for them before doing anything else. I just have to decide on a case for my needs , which led me to the above but I'm hoping to get something slightly smaller as my shelf space has shrunk!! if not thenI might just go for the Kondo looky likey However in the meantime I have a bedroom to decorate so will be busy until all the bits arrive. Some are coming from Taiwan so may take a couple of weeks to get here, all in a bit of limbo for a bit really .

Cheers Andy

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

hi any tips on desolderinv as this is proving ti be a difficult bugger to turn around ! thanks !

At the cutting edge of Numptyness!

I'm Steve.

Hi Andy
    Do you have a solder sucker
    If not it's going to be difficult.
    Steve
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3