+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas is coming and the DCB1's getting fat......

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Quick update !

After a short sojourn at Firebottle Towers for some much needed R&R the offspring PCB has had some much needed therapy. The inestimable Dr Bottle diagnosed some latent health issues which were in his opinion, entirely down to bad parenting *cough*

Apparently some numpty had mixed up a couple of FETs the wrong way , no idea who that could have been ...…..

Anyway, said offspring will soon be returned to mater and pater to be put back in it's rightful place!!

Of course my thanks to Dr Bottle for his swift and timely intervention

Thanks Alan

Cheers Andy

(Electronumpty Extraordinaire!)

I'm John.

Had you let the magic smoke out of anything?

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Had you let the magic smoke out of anything?
    Only my Arse!
    lol

I'm John.

Know the feeling well!

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by smangus View Post
    Well I've been looking at cases and stuff for the DCB1, quite a lot of choice out their however think I might have to get this just for the sheer cheek of it and lols

yes I know it's steel but that can be overcome!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tube-prea...53.m1438.l2649
    I have spent the last couple of days looking at cases and at first look really liked this when I saw it on ebay at £85 + £55 PP (Its about half this price on Taobao - 420 yuan !!) But and its a big but the rear panel is dire. OK most chinese cases I have looked at have the input selector diagonally opposite to the inputs but this one has the output sockets between 2 banks of input sockets!! Bizarre

But all is not lost after much searching I found an all alluminium version with a better, but still not ideal, back plate only trouble is it cost US$195!

Shame - I did like this case at first look

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ian View Post
    I have spent the last couple of days looking at cases and at first look really liked this when I saw it on ebay at £85 + £55 PP (Its about half this price on Taobao - 420 yuan !!) But and its a big but the rear panel is dire. OK most chinese cases I have looked at have the input selector diagonally opposite to the inputs but this one has the output sockets between 2 banks of input sockets!! Bizarre

But all is not lost after much searching I found an all alluminium version with a better, but still not ideal, back plate only trouble is it cost US$195!

Shame - I did like this case at first look
    Toughest part, honestly. The other parts pick themselves but the case is a real issue.

Have you got Steve to build you one?

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Yeah , there are a lot to choose from , just down to personal preference. Took me a lot of searching.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    At the cutting edge of Numptyness!

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Toughest part, honestly. The other parts pick themselves but the case is a real issue.

Have you got Steve to build you one?
    I think it is 95% agreed with Steve now, on a slow build basis, he has other far more pressing priorities right now (as I am sure you are aware).

He did offer me one of his previous builds I wanted front panel text/graphics which it didnt have - hence the search for a case

I must have spent at least 8 hours in total just looking at cases. I think I have found one that will work, just waiting on the ok from Steve.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ian View Post
    I think it is 95% agreed with Steve now, on a slow build basis, he has other far more pressing priorities right now (as I am sure you are aware).

He did offer me one of his previous builds I wanted front panel text/graphics which it didnt have - hence the search for a case

I must have spent at least 8 hours in total just looking at cases. I think I have found one that will work, just waiting on the ok from Steve.
    Show us!!!

Yep, Steve's got a bit on his plate.

It'll be worth the wait though. He's been through more variations of the pre than I have so I go to him with questions now lol

I'm Steve.

Hi Oliver, Ian,
    I have all the parts to complete the build, just waiting for a decision from Ian on which case he would like.

The dcb1 turbo board is already stuffed.
    Should be a reasonably quick assembly but that depends on how things are with the father in law.

I'd like to thank Oliver for his support during this difficult time.
    CHEERS MATE!!!!

Your one in a million mate....
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast