+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jico Seto Hori " Is This the New Giant Killer MC "

I'm Simon.

In stock at snaudio, so that'll be still not delivered to the distributor then.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    I have to say that the body looks to have been made from polystyrene packaging but maybe there's a beauty in it somewhere ??????
    Reminds me of the quilted housecoat my Auntie Beryl used to wear back in the sixties

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Reminds me of the quilted housecoat my Auntie Beryl used to wear back in the sixties
    Easy tiger!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm John.

The individual I have been following for a while, who is rating this Cartridge. Has spent thousands of euro's on Phonostages, SUT's and Cartridges. As well as various Price Range Cartridge Bake Offs, I am not aware of anybody who has trialed such a vast amount of devices.
    The fact he has put a preference on this model, as well as my recently discovering the cost, left me feeling it was worthy of a announcement.
    When I first see the Heto Sori, about a month ago, I thought from its design, it was a very high value cartridge.
    I don't think anybody should take another's view or opinion as exact, they should have a experience and draw their own conclusion, but if the individual expressing a view has a broad experience, and has a developed trust from followers, then I would think it fair to have a curiosity and be inquisitive.
    In my mind, my Hana SL, another MC that gathered a following from a obscure market entry, may have a Successor. A duel is on the horizon.
    The Heto Sori, just through the design, will probably end up with a ' Moniker ', I'm not sure if
    ' Auntie's Quilted Overcoat ' will win through though

I'm Andrew.

So who is this individual you follow?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm John.

The forum is German site, 'Analogue Audio Association'.
    The individual is 'Shakti', as I said previously the Google Translate, is not that great.
    Even funnier when a post of your own is read, that is a WTF moment.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    The forum is German site, 'Analogue Audio Association'.
    The individual is 'Shakti', as I said previously the Google Translate, is not that great.
    Even funnier when a post of your own is read, that is a WTF moment.
    Hmm to be honest he wouldn't be the first person to get a bit carried away on a forum about his latest and greatest purchase.

A 2mV output HOMC may well turn out to be superb value at under £1k but is highly unlikely (purely due to well-established constraints on cartridge design) to be a Koetsu killer.

The pics are certainly interesting it looks like some of the body might have been outsourced to Armitage Shanks

I have seen a couple of ceramic-bodied cartridges of late, there was on Chinese one at Munich a couple of years back with delicate blue patterns on, Reinhard Thoress was showing them in his room and I spoke to the designer, but with prices starting at £4k and no track record I didn't follow up.

I can't for the life of me see any advantage in porcelain as a material for a cartridge body beyond the fact you can make them look like they belong in a Victorian display cabinet.

I'm Graham.

Cool name though, am strangely reminded of star trek the wrath of khaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

I'm Simon.

can't say I follow any guru's and certainly don't take anyone's opinion until iv'e heard their set-up.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post

The pics are certainly interesting it looks like some of the body might have been outsourced to Armitage Shanks

"lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast