+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pink Floyd Animals

I'm Shaun.

I recently sold my vinyl copy of Animals on ebay. It was one of the latest reissue versions but truth is, I really don't like it as a Floyd album.

Can't win 'em all I guess. I have my faves and it's not one of them.

I'm David.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You wouldn't consider getting an original vinyl version second hand? It sold a lot, there are plenty of them out there.
    Got to agree with Martinhere.i bought a new copy from Tesco. My sin has it one and after a double Okki Nokki session my original version was a joy to listen too in comparison to the bland sounding new copy. I also agree with Geoff in that I simply find Animals hard to get into and not the bands best work. Marmite methinks.

I'm Steve.

that's settled then. if Mrs. P doesn't return with it, I'll look for a good used original.

I don't know why I'm fussing over this, it's not my favourite either, but it's years since I last heard it, also I'm trying to complete the set. Nearly there, just need Division Bell, Momentary Lapse, Final Cut, Atom Heart Mother, Piper, Saucerful and More

Antonio's suggestion isn't a complete loss though, as it led me to Hendrix's 'Cry of Love' which I also haven't heard in donkeys.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12