+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chromecast problems

I'm Anto.

I bought one last week. I wanted to cast from my Android 7 ? phone to my TV to watch Bt Sport (for starters)
    Despite good wi fi , and the dongle setting up on my TV ,and downloading Google home , I still cant get my phone to find devices .
    Left it till I get enthusiastic again
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by superbike999 View Post
    You must be looking at the Pro or Premium edition. The normal TuneIn Radio app is free. Try that first. I can't see any advantage with the Premium
    The only 'Tunein' I can find is the one I referenced, perhaps you could put up a screenshot of the one you're using so I know what I'm looking for? Thanks.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Left it till I get enthusiastic again
    Same, what phone are you using Anto? I'm wondering if it doesn't like iphones?

I'm Grant.

works with my iphone so not that. might be faulty, or it may be a issue with signal. prefer an rpi personally although there is a bit more to setting one up.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Do these google home screens look ok?

I’ve tried unlinking Spotify and using the other options but it only plays Spotify, even with that app closed? If I could just get it to play files from my laptop I’d be happy but it isn’t available to cast to, I can use Bluetooth for YouTube audio if I’m desperate.

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Same, what phone are you using Anto? I'm wondering if it doesn't like iphones?
    Its a Skt life 4 ,quite new on Android ,so not I phone Roy
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

probably, i dont use it...bar set up. if you have tunein then in its app you can cast from there. a box appears that you touch and select the destination.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Helpful! Assume that means I can’t play music files from my laptop? I can cast YouTube audio from laptop now though.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post

Helpful! Assume that means I can’t play music files from my laptop? I can cast YouTube audio from laptop now though.
    yes you can. any app that supports it and also the chrome browser will cast anything within it.. on pc etc. i use it more on pc than on phone
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Well I reinstalled the chromecast & I can now cast youtube audio & my amazon music library to it so I'm moderately happy.

Thanks for sticking with me Grant, I can now see there's an option on the source menu to 'cast file' but when I click on it it takes me to the file manager but a pictures folder? (Windows 7).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast