+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chromecast problems

I'm sorted.

Default Chromecast problems

Got one of these today via groupon (not a good start, instructions were in German) anyway downloaded google home app on to my iPhone and went through the set up, everything seemed ok, got a noise through the speakers etc. but I can’t get Spotify to play through it, it tries to connect (via screen shown) then just gives up and reverts to listen on iPhone. Any guidance would be really appreciated. For YouTube it doesn’t even appear on the device list?

I'm Grant.

Try signing out of Spotify and close then restart Might get it working g
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

Are you sure your CCA is on WiFi and not Bluetooth? Once your CCA and iPhone are on the same WiFi you should be good to go.

You must also have a Spotify Premium account.

I'm sorted.

Thanks Grant. Got it working with spotify by choosing the device when the track was actually playing?

I've not tried youtube again yet, maybe tomorrow.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by loonytunes View Post
    Are you sure your CCA is on WiFi and not Bluetooth? Once your CCA and iPhone are on the same WiFi you should be good to go.

You must also have a Spotify Premium account.
    Thanks Chris, yes, they're both on same wifi & I got it working with free spotify as above. With youtube the phone just casts to my tv without even giving me options?

I'm sorted.

Well I think this little turdy disc is going back & I'll just stick a record on.

As I said I managed to get it to work with free spotify but that's about all & then it would still be playing the spotify track after you'd signed right out of the app to try & play from another source.

It appeared on the cast device list on the laptop a couple of times (via youtube & the file manager) but it wasn't accessible to play through (still said spotify underneath the device name even though I'd logged out of it).

I give up with the f**king thing.

I'm Grant.

Issue may be using free spotty
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Well I think this little turdy disc is going back & I'll just stick a record on.

As I said I managed to get it to work with free spotify but that's about all & then it would still be playing the spotify track after you'd signed right out of the app to try & play from another source.

It appeared on the cast device list on the laptop a couple of times (via youtube & the file manager) but it wasn't accessible to play through (still said spotify underneath the device name even though I'd logged out of it).

I give up with the f**king thing.
    The little CCA is a solid as a rock in my experience (as long as your WiFi is good), I have three of them.

Here's something for you to try that I know for a fact works and is free! Download the Tunein App from apple and cast a playing radio station of your choice to the little puck(er). That works really nicely.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by loonytunes View Post

Here's something for you to try that I know for a fact works and is free! Download the Tunein App from apple and cast a playing radio station of your choice to the little puck(er). That works really nicely.
    This one Chris?

Says you get a 7 day free trial?

WiFi was a little flaky last night so will have another go with it later today.

I'm Dave.

You must be looking at the Pro or Premium edition. The normal TuneIn Radio app is free. Try that first. I can't see any advantage with the Premium

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast