+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the judge thinking?

I'm Gary.

Default What was the judge thinking?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a4001831.html

Unbelievable, all the knife crime and murders in London and that happens. Disgraceful
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Grant.

even carrying such a weapon should get you 2 years, far less trying to use it...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

'That's not a knife. This is a knife!

He'd done 6 months on remand already, according to the article.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Lord Carmont started handing down 10 and 20 year sentences for holding a knife or razor... cleared up the problem overnight.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dominic.

I think all judges should learn the true meaning of "justice". Plainly and obviously a thug in the full sense of the word and should have been banged up for even carrying such a weapon, never mind using it during such a trivial incident.

Talking of utter fekin STUPIDITY of the higher order, I read in the paper that a man who raped a young woman and made her pregnant as a result, has been given the right to visit the child by the local council. What planet do these dumb assholes live on? Whoever made that ludicrous decision should be fired immediately. I despair, I really do
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Robert.

On the surface it seems daft but a lot has been considered.

He's clearly not had a great upbringing, he's done 6 months in remand already, no one was harmed or injured.

He also now has to stick to the conditions laid down - 2 year suspended sentence, 9 months curfew order, 150 hours of community service and 20 hours of rehabilitation sessions.

Seems fair to me, all considered - I dont sense he's got off lightly.

Btw, with regard to sentences in general, judges dont always get it right and yes some deciisons over the years have been mind boggling
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    On the surface it seems daft but a lot has been considered.

He's clearly not had a great upbringing, he's done 6 months in remand already, no one was harmed or injured.

He also now has to stick to the conditions laid down - 2 year suspended sentence, 9 months curfew order, 150 hours of community service and 20 hours of rehabilitation sessions.

Seems fair to me, all considered - I dont sense he's got off lightly.

Btw, with regard to sentences in general, judges dont always get it right and yes some deciisons over the years have been mind boggling
    Couldn't disagree with you more. He should have been properly sentenced.
    Let's get it right, all that stuff about upbringing, yeah I get it to a degree, but jesus!!! Look at the Video..LOOK!

A few years ago in Haringey, London, on an Unmanned Train station, my son, aged 14 at the time, was mugged by 2 total No Marks, one with a knife as large as that thing in the video, in his desperate terrified attempt to flee them and get to another platform, he jumped down on to the tracks and crossed 4 live tracks, 2 being the fast tracks into london kings X. They still got him, mugged him roughed him up, racially abused him (he is white btw) and thankfully didn't use the knife on him.

With my persistence to get the CCTV from the station, they caught these 2 scumbags. It went to court, my son on a video link. That alone was all a long winded nightmare for months...and Guess what!??... A BIG FAT NOTHING!, because they were 16 made them repay the cost of the phone and got a pat on the head. He is now 21, he changed after all that.

I was dragged up in Brixton, South London in the 70's and 80's, at the height of stop and search and subsequently the boiling point of the community in response to a mess of a police force. So I'm pretty aware of what is what and have seen most things that I really didn't need to.

I'm telling you, NOW it's lawless, no deterrent, no consequences for actions. it's the wild west out there my friends and I prey you do not go through these largly preventable experiences. The yoot do what they want, they know there is nothing waiting for them.

Yes there are loads of problems that gets a young person to that point, absent fathers, lack of care, peer pressure, no support from the local authorities, crap education, no positive role models, fuck all to do as all the clubs have been closed due to £ saving and lack of prospects. etc etc etc
    but this behaviour is a breakdown of order, simply, inner cities are a lottery with young peoples safety.

When the evidence is so compelling and the intent was clearly to harm, the stiffest sentence possible should be shown.
    There needs to be a deterrent...Sorry, they have no fear.

Rant over and out!
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Martin.

Good rant, it's the idiot middle-class do-gooders who have created this situation. They don't understand any of it because they've never had to spend a day in their lives. Wrapped in cotton wool since birth. But they are so confident that they have all the answers. Wankers.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Alan.

The moment sentences stopped commanding respect for authority was the day it started to go wrong.
    Unfortunately that was a long time ago.

Bleeding heart liberals are a menace.

I'm Mark.

No point getting tough with these people, they'll only appeal to the European Court and get let off with damages paid!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast