+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: mmmm quads

I'm Simon.

I'll try and get some done tonight. I expect they'll be high around 50-60 hz, a couple of db low around 2k and rolled off at the top.

for comparison here's the Yams in room with 1/6th smoothing.

Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Simon.

Sent pcb's off to China for fabrication for the EHT, I'll do replacement input/arc sense boards once I've completed the EHT build. Here's the build plan.

Remove the input RC and build an external 'widget' nice caps nowt fancy though. Replace the speaker sockets with nice functional parts that'll last, not cheap eBay numbers. Replace the EHT boards, replace the input/arc sense boards. FIT a 3 pin IEC and redo the internal earthing arrangement, it's currently on the speaker - which ain't a top idea with a bridged amp. Then redo the final shushing tweeter panel, just a little shush, ever so quiet, only now and again, but it sounds like a membrane failure in the making.

Then tidy them up, wash the cloths, bin the dust covers, strip and refinish the top plates to remove the wood grain and ta-da. Fun quads for a bit.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234