+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Impulse H2 Speakers Crossover help please?

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ian View Post
    HI Adrian, how did this work out in the end, was it worthwhile?, what parts did you use?. I am thinking of doing the same Ian
    Hi Ian,

Well after much contemplation I was about to do the cross-overs when my best friend suggested I tried out his Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands SE's, he had kept them after upgrading 2 years earlier. I listened to them for 2 months and came to the conclusion that they worked better in my room than the H2's and I did not want to spend money out on the H2's and still not get what I wanted. Also my wife was rather pleased that the size of the Vienna was a reduction in size in the lounge. Since then another friend gave me a pair of JBL L100's, I am very impressed with these and have been using them quite a lot and they are staying.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Ian.

Jbl l100, look interesting and appreciating but think on reflection I will stick with my h2, and leave as standard they are visually mint condition

I'm Edward.

Ian, recently Paul at RFC did a restore on my Tannoy crossovers replacing all the caps, some resistors and stripped down/fixed other stuff. As part of the restore Paul ensured that the crossovers measured well between each other (I think within 0.5db). Transformed the sound and was much cheaper than going for external crossovers etc.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Ian, recently Paul at RFC did a restore on my Tannoy crossovers replacing all the caps, some resistors and stripped down/fixed other stuff. As part of the restore Paul ensured that the crossovers measured well between each other (I think within 0.5db). Transformed the sound and was much cheaper than going for external crossovers etc.
    Depending on which version of H2's you have this could be a very good option, especially if you have and earlier pair with the crossover mounted higher up as there is more room. Alternatively speak with john@loudspeaker-design-restoration.co.uk he knows H2's very well and has a couple of minor mods for low cast that can make a big difference to the mid range.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Ian.

Any one know what the resistor mod, is parts, values etc that gets rid of the 2.8 ohm impedance dip

I'm Phil.

very interesting thread here about active impulse speakers

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/forum/8-2-channel/
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb