+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thorens TD 160

I'm Steve.

Default Thorens TD 160

Just been messing with my TD-160. It’s now mounted in a Russ Collinson plinth, black Perspex top and an RB2000 tonearm. It’s a none bounce mod so it doesn’t jump around a lot, I prefer it. Just got some finishing off to do then I can put it through it’s paces!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH1960 View Post
    Just been messing with my TD-160. It’s now mounted in a Russ Collinson plinth, black Perspex top and an RB2000 tonearm. It’s a none bounce mod so it doesn’t jump around a lot, I prefer it. Just got some finishing off to do then I can put it through it’s paces!!

First Play tonight, very pleased with the power behind the music, it seems more rich across the board compared to my LPT/ RB250 set up. Same cartridge at the moment VM-750SH.

I'm Lawrence.

You're just fishing for compliments aren't you?? Well I'm not going to give you any. Only because I'm so jealous!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    You're just fishing for compliments aren't you?? Well I'm not going to give you any. Only because I'm so jealous!!
    Think I need to change the colour of the white part of the plinth?

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH1960 View Post
    Think I need to change the colour of the white part of the plinth?

No I like the contrast of the black perspex and white plinth. Is the plinth glossy piano white? If not then that's the only thing I'd do.

I'm Mike.

I'm kind of curious, doesn't it defeat the purpose of owning a Thorens TD160 if you don't use the integrated suspension?
    As far as esthetics, the silver tonearm and plater looks good against a gloss black deck.
    BTW, is that a Thorens paper sticker labeling your deck?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    No I like the contrast of the black perspex and white plinth. Is the plinth glossy piano white? If not then that's the only thing I'd do.
    It will be piano gloss when I get round to polishing it!! Just got a bit giddy when I put it together.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Capture View Post
    I'm kind of curious, doesn't it defeat the purpose of owning a Thorens TD160 if you don't use the integrated suspension?
    As far as esthetics, the silver tonearm and plater looks good against a gloss black deck.
    BTW, is that a Thorens paper sticker labeling your deck?
    I’m not very good with bouncy decks, it does have a bit of bounce, I just doubled the springs and because of the top they needed to be compressed more. The Thorens badge is CNC cut out black plastic with a brushed aluminium skin.

I'm phil.

Really liked my td160 great fun deck a good cheap upgrade was to dampen the outside detachable part of the platter,
    Regards Phil
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by moodybuilder View Post
    Really liked my td160 great fun deck a good cheap upgrade was to dampen the outside detachable part of the platter,
    Regards Phil
    It sounds very good put damping material on the sub frame. It runs quietly and the RB2000 is a seriously good arm. Going to try my uni pivot on it, just as a comparison.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast