+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feet for SL-150/1300/1400/1500 series

I'm Graham.

Default Feet for SL-150/1300/1400/1500 series

I recently purchased a Technics SL-150 in excellent condition. The only thing that needs a bit of attention is the feet which have sagged and perished a little which seems to be a common problem.

Replacement reproduction feet are available but they are quite exxy and they are fairly basic design. So am seeking ideas on neat solutions that other people have tried. I assume I will need to remove the bottom plate to remove the existing feet, so any tips (or dont dos!)on this most appreciated.

Many thanks,

Graham.

I'm Robert.

Nice deck Graham.

I was going to suggest the Isonoe feet as they are excellent IME and look good too IMO.

I wasnt sure if they'd fit but looks like they do / can - see post 15 / image here http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.p...ations.671217/
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Graham.

Hi Robbie,

Excellent! I will contact the owner and ask how these feet attach. Thanks for the link :-)

Graham.

I'm phil.

Hi
    Do you have the mk1 or 2, I've got a mk1 which I had isonoe feet on, from memory they were just a straight screw in replacement.
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by moodybuilder View Post
    Hi
    Do you have the mk1 or 2, I've got a mk1 which I had isonoe feet on, from memory they were just a straight screw in replacement.
    Hi Phil,

It is a MK 1 Looking at the service manual, the standard feet seem to push through a hole and are secured by a nut and washer from the inside.

Were you able to push the Isonoe feet through the same hole and use an M6 nut to secure them from the top of the base plate?

Many thanks,

Graham.

I'm Keith.

I use sorbothane 40mm diameter half domes. With the old feet removed, the half domes fit perfectly into the recesses without needing any screw fittings.

+ Reply to Thread