+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dave SLAGLE STEP UP Transformer - HIghly Reccomended

I'm Roberto.

Default Dave SLAGLE STEP UP Transformer - HIghly Reccomended

Only to let you Know That I've just purchased a Pair of STEP Transformers made by Dave Slagle of Intact Audio .
    Those SUT are custom made for Mijayma Cartridge . I'm not used to reccomend anything . But For 600 $ plus Mumetal Can , they see off every other trasformer I 've had at home . It took one month to get them.
    They've got an unusual big 80 % nichel core .In My opinion with those trasformer, you can get the best of two worlds the ACTIVE and the Passive but in one world only .
    I've just listen to "DISQUE D'ORGUE " by Going III label Silent W. The record is a 70s crossover jazz minimalistic and Electronic music . All my previuos transformer had some trouble in reproducing Electronic music frequency but not the Dave Slagle . The complex work of the hi hat and cymbal emerged clean in the complex and angry tapestry of electronic device .

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tutancarmen View Post
    Only to let you Know That I've just purchased a Pair of STEP Transformers made by Dave Slagle of Intact Audio .
    Those SUT are custom made for Mijayma Cartridge . I'm not used to reccomend anything . But For 600 $ plus Mumetal Can , they see off every other trasformer I 've had at home . It took one month to get them.
    They've got an unusual big 80 % nichel core .In My opinion with those trasformer, you can get the best of two worlds the ACTIVE and the Passive but in one world only .
    I've just listen to "DISQUE D'ORGUE " by Going III label Silent W. The record is a 70s crossover jazz minimalistic and Electronic music . All my previuos transformer had some trouble in reproducing Electronic music frequency but not the Dave Slagle . The complex work of the hi hat and cymbal emerged clean in the complex and angry tapestry of electronic device .
    I'm a fan of Dave's work. Can I ask what you've had to compare to?

I'm Retief.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I'm a fan of Dave's work. Can I ask what you've had to compare to?
    The Slage SUT's are awesome value for money. I used mine with my AN Io and thought it was better than the "lower" AN SUT's, definitely up to the S3. My (diy) S8 is better, but the Slagle is definitely not completely embarrassed by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retief
    Analogue: Origin Live Resolution mk2,OL Encounter mk3c,MM III and isolator.Digital:CA 840C.Amplification:Croft RIAA R, Icon Audio LA4mkii,Icon Audio MB845 signature version.Speakers: Kef Reference 203/2 Cables: Mark Grant G2000HD. Speaker cable Van Damme Hi-Fi UP-LCOFC.Headphone: Grado PS1000,HD650,HD600,Icon Audio HP8 RCM DIY Moth

+ Reply to Thread