Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm M.

PM sent

I'm Brian.

Sorry for the late reply to this one as I had Jamie's cables last week and a short review was required . Work definitely gets in the way of my music pleasure
    I was sent two cables , one shorter than the other , both of which fitted very nicely between my preamp and power amp .
    Firstly , I listened to the shorter of the two . These interconnects were pleasingly open in my system , with plenty of detail . However , they were a bit soft sounding with a noticeable lack of focus and bite . The midrange was slightly recessed and bass was not as tight as I would have liked . I'm not a bass head and prefer the bass to drive the music rather than vibrate the furniture and have the wife knocking on my door telling me to turn it down . So the bass was certainly good enough for me in that respect .
    Where would I use this cable ? In a system which was overly bright with a prominent top end or an overly forward presentation . I think this cable would do a very good job here .
    If this was the only cable which I owned I could certainly live with it in my system and be quite happy .

Next to be plumbed into my system was the longer cable .
    Now this was more like it for me These cables had much better focus than the first . Nice tight bass and better leading edges . Again , probably more detail with nicely presented mids which brought voices , in particular , further into the room . The top end was also better than the first with instruments sounding more realistic .
    TBH when I checked my notes I didn't write much about this cable because I was too busy enjoying the music . This cable really suited my system and I really liked what it did . Nice one Jamie .
    Obviously I can only comment on these cables within the context of my system , my room , and my ears . So YMMV
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    you wont be,take your time mate.

Thanks.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Sorry for the late reply to this one as I had Jamie's cables last week and a short review was required . Work definitely gets in the way of my music pleasure
    I was sent two cables , one shorter than the other , both of which fitted very nicely between my preamp and power amp .
    Firstly , I listened to the shorter of the two . These interconnects were pleasingly open in my system , with plenty of detail . However , they were a bit soft sounding with a noticeable lack of focus and bite . The midrange was slightly recessed and bass was not as tight as I would have liked . I'm not a bass head and prefer the bass to drive the music rather than vibrate the furniture and have the wife knocking on my door telling me to turn it down . So the bass was certainly good enough for me in that respect .
    Where would I use this cable ? In a system which was overly bright with a prominent top end or an overly forward presentation . I think this cable would do a very good job here .
    If this was the only cable which I owned I could certainly live with it in my system and be quite happy .

Next to be plumbed into my system was the longer cable .
    Now this was more like it for me These cables had much better focus than the first . Nice tight bass and better leading edges . Again , probably more detail with nicely presented mids which brought voices , in particular , further into the room . The top end was also better than the first with instruments sounding more realistic .
    TBH when I checked my notes I didn't write much about this cable because I was too busy enjoying the music . This cable really suited my system and I really liked what it did . Nice one Jamie .
    Obviously I can only comment on these cables within the context of my system , my room , and my ears . So YMMV
    Thank you Brian for your review,im pleased you enjoyed them. there is another pair being put together to try to eliminate the issues mark and oli commented on earlier,1st impressions for me are positive.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm jamie.

loan cables are on hold for a while as they need some TLC,also the plugs are showing bad signs of wear which is shit considering the cost of them.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Kevin.

Yes, unfortunately the KLEI plugs mark up really quickly.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm M.

loan cables are on hold for a while as they need some TLC,also the plugs are showing bad signs of wear which is shit considering the cost of them.
    Shame I was looking forward to a visit front the postman this week

I'm jamie.

update,
    well ive found a new occ cable to try,i always found with various cables ive made up that although they sound fine through the cdp they seemed to go down a touch when used in phono duties.
    they all had a common theme,no shield,the new cable is shielded and ive made a new external phono cable and a pair of IC's so it runs right through to the amp via the paradise.no hum at all.

i have to say im very happy with the results,a nice big (tall) soundstage with good detail top and bottom,its had a week of burn in and use and yes i have heard it come on song
    i have ordered 10 meters and i intend to make a loan phono cable and ic for others to try.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

update,
    well ive found a new occ cable to try,i always found with various cables ive made up that although they sound fine through the cdp they seemed to go down a touch when used in phono duties.
    they all had a common theme,no shield,the new cable is shielded and ive made a new external phono cable and a pair of IC's so it runs right through to the amp via the paradise.no hum at all.

i have to say im very happy with the results,a nice big (tall) soundstage with good detail top and bottom,its had a week of burn in and use and yes i have heard it come on song
    i have ordered 10 meters and i intend to make a loan phono cable and ic for others to try.
    Are you confirming that you experienced burn in? I hope so lol, I know I'm not imagining it

Well done on persevering, it takes a special kind of nutter lol (hello! *Waves*) to keep on buying, trying and evaluating every minute detail of the performance for every bit of cable you get, but when it lands right on the bullseye, its a great reward.

Good on ya.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast