One of my beloved QUAD 57 electrostatics has developed a problem with some distortion in the treble panel. I thought it was 20 years since they were serviced by One Thing Audio so I don't feel too hard done by. The Quad 57 was safely packed up and delivered to Steven at One Thing Audio in Coventry. It was great to meet Steven and talk about the Quad electrostatics with someone so knowledgeable about them as he is. He has a very high opinion of the 63 model which was interesting to hear but not so good an opinion of the later models saying they are very difficult to service. My Quad will be having the treble panel replaced. Steven was able to tell from the sticker he put on them when they were serviced by OTA and after referencing his book of services he found out exactly when they were serviced - it was 18 years ago almost to the day! Pretty good service I feel from my Quads to go this long without any intervention and they have not had an easy life with plenty of house moves and a year in storage when I was living in South America. I was a bit fearful about how long the job would take but Steven assured me they should be ready in about a week so that is brilliant service from him. Feel the speaker is in very good hands and I am pleased I have taken it there. Now really looking forward to hearing it back in the system fully functioning fired up with my wonderful Croft 3 OTL.