+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello Art of Sound world!

I'm Coris.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    Hi Coris
    With capacitors they of course work well in unison with inductors when placed in power supplies. Ideally get the ripple of your supply
    very low at one location, rather than repeating with capacitors what the power supply initially provided and is providing.
    A capacitance multiplier that uses the current gain of a semiconductor (hfe) to in effect multiply the capacitance at the base or gate
    of a transistor or fet or mosfet. is a great circuit for using effectively more capacitance at areas normally allocated as much smaller values of
    capacitance bypassing. Maybe you are using such techniques already.
    Indeed a very good filtering cell it consist in both capacitances and inductances. For low frequencies, such inductances it become quite big, and this is an enough inconvenient for the small devices of these days. A good compromise (performances - small volume) is using very large filtering capacities. This approach in conjunction with the today regulator components performances, it work very well. There are also few other ways to minimise (very much) the residual ripple of a linear PSU, without using inductances. At least, we may not forget an important thing: powering a digital system from a linear PSU it is a big improvement, just by only changing the type of the PSU (from SMPS to a linear one). The linear PSU in such particular use it not have to be perfect quiet, but a lowest possible ripple it still be a request.

I'm Coris.

Cambridge CXUHD is mostly identical to Oppo 203 (except the analogue audio outputs). Here is fully improved (also optical drive mounted on elastic suspensions)...

Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Coris.

Default UDP205

My last version full upgrade for UDP205...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (96.3 KB, 3 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (99.7 KB, 2 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (98.4 KB, 3 views)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12