I have been intrigued lately at the changing face of AOS and wondered why there was more adverts. I read with interest the notice board announcement with regards to contribution and also Marco's explanation about running costs etc. I am of course ignorant with regards to such cost because i am merely an end user and contribute opinions and post on what has always been to me a free environment in much the same way as social media. I can fully understand why trade members contribute because they are using the platform to sell their wares though baffled as to why the majority of forum users are Audio enthusiasts merely joining in debate and sharing experiences etc. My next queries is how much is an exceptionable contribution? A guide to this would be helpful.it's a little like secret Santa without a set amount, those who contribute what they can afford are going to look a bit of a twat to those a little well heeled and more able to contribute a substantial amount (a little bit like hi-fi itself)

Just saying.