+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: DCB1 unity gain pre-amp and spotfire interconnects - ongoing review

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yes the burn in! I don't know. I've not got 100 hours on them I don't think anyway. Lost track.

I don't know about all Krells but certainly the KSA100 mk2 and the KSA50s are as good as anything I've heard at any price.

I'll look at maxing out the DCB1 in the fairly near future, certainly before I 'retire' next year. As for the phono stage that's like offering crack to an addict whose just got out of 12 harrowing months in rehab...I'll have to try to resist the temptation.
    I'll bring you a phonostage to try, with your TT and MM cart, You'll be shaken to the core and even more so when you hear the price.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by STD305M View Post
    Hi Martin,
    Any time you'd like your dcb1 maxing just let me know and ill pop up and max it for you.
    I have the parts and heatsinks required already

Regards Steve...
    Just relied to your PM mate, yes we can do that if you fancy the trek all the way up here.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I'll bring you a phonostage to try, with your TT and MM cart, You'll be shaken to the core and even more so when you hear the price.
    I'd love to give it a listen but I am out of vinyl for good. Going to start selling it all next year I think. Although that won't be an easy thing for me to do. I was a big time vinyl aficionado in my youth but I gradually got drawn in to the digital dark side. Easier it is. More seductive.
    Current Lash Up:

Bigman80 Guest

I'd love to give it a listen but I am out of vinyl for good. Going to start selling it all next year I think. Although that won't be an easy thing for me to do. I was a big time vinyl aficionado in my youth but I gradually got drawn in to the digital dark side. Easier it is. More seductive.
    Fair enough mate, hope i still have first dibs on a pick-over?

I'm Martin.

Yes come up anytime and you can have a look through and have what you want.
    Current Lash Up:

Bigman80 Guest

Yes come up anytime and you can have a look through and have what you want.
    Top man.

We'll sort it out when the speaker thing happens.

I'm Steve.

Yes Steve. You know the craic. It's well worth doing isnt it.
    Hi Oliver
    I've built 5 dcb1 each a little better than the previous just by making little changes.
    My last build was a dual mono which took quite a while due to illnes then family problems but so far it seems like it was worth it.

I think the dcb1 is one hell of a piece of kit and in my opinion can't be bettered for the money.

Also, having heard your system several times there is no doubting that the krell dcb1 comobo works, thats why I'm now saving hard to get me a krell.

Steve..
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by STD305M View Post
    Hi Oliver
    I've built 5 dcb1 each a little better than the previous just by making little changes.
    My last build was a dual mono which took quite a wkile due to illnes then family problems but so far it seems like it was worth it.

I think the dcb1 is one hell of a piece of kit and in my opinion can't be bettered for the money.

Also, having heard your system several times there is no doubting that the krell dcb1 comobo works, thats why I'm now saving hard to get me a krell.

Steve..
    You know it makes sense!

Ami now going to have to follow suit and build a dual Mono DCB1

I'm James.

You know it makes sense!

Ami now going to have to follow suit and build a dual Mono DCB1
    Dual mono sounds a good idea.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Martin.

I agree Krell plus DCB1 is silly good.

Also the advantage of a unity gain pre-amp with a digital source - no pointless gain stage to add distortion but none of the matching issues to the power amp that you can get with a passive pre.

My only reservation with the DCB1 is the blue LED - need to upgrade that to one of the proper colours
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast