+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Up North get together

I'm Alan.

Ah I didnt see this tread when it was posted

Was a good day with some very nice equipment and nice to meet everyone
    Ken Quinns Yamaha NS1000 digital amps and laptop set up sounded realy very good the Pioneer CD player was superb

Star of the show for me was Mickrickys Garrard 301 and 4 piece Paradise set up producing some superb sounds

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Micky.

Thanks for the praise Alan regarding the 301 ,But I知 sure that I speak for a lot of the attendees of the past NEBO and also this last event that the sounds that you got from your Reel to Reel has yet to be surpassed..Shame that your work commitment has you missing the next event ..I知 taking the 555 to NEBO 10.....Bestest Micky

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickyricky View Post
    I知 taking the 555 to NEBO 10.....Bestest Micky
    Is that a Naim CD555 Micky?

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Is that a Naim CD555 Micky?
    Yes and this is really the best CD player + power supply I have ever heard
    I had the pleasure of hearing this in my own system (thanks Mick) and its awesome, and both parts weigh a ton

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    Yes and this is really the best CD player + power supply I have ever heard
    I had the pleasure of hearing this in my own system (thanks Mick) and its awesome, and both parts weigh a ton

Alan
    Thanks Alan.

I am SO looking forward to hearing that, would love to be able to bring my CDS1 to compare but that’s not likely unfortunately.

I’ll not sleep now until NEBO!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickyricky View Post
    Thanks for the praise Alan regarding the 301 ,But I知 sure that I speak for a lot of the attendees of the past NEBO and also this last event that the sounds that you got from your Reel to Reel has yet to be surpassed..Shame that your work commitment has you missing the next event ..I知 taking the 555 to NEBO 10.....Bestest Micky
    Well thanks for that Mick and sh*t looks like I will have to live up to that in the future :eek
    Next time I can attand Ill have to knock up another R&B tape up for MikRik as I think we are on the same wave length LOL

Alan

I'm mick.

Hi Alan, disappointed you can't make it this time,it's always the highlight listening to you R/R (with your "impeccable" choice of music ).We will have to badger Steve to arrange an "11" on a date you can make it. ...Cheers Mick
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm Steve.

Alan Towell is indeed one of the best reasons along with Mick Rick and the other long term frequenters of NEBO to keep things ticking over. They are a joy to be around. I am sad Alan can't make it he is an inspiration and helped me out on more than one occasion with his vastly superior knowledge and skills. Only a couple of weeks to go now and i was originally worried about my contribution with regards as to what to take along. I am still contemplating my Vincent phono stage and me old Sony DD? Who's bringing speakers?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123