+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings fellow audio friends!

I'm Timo.

Smile Greetings fellow audio friends!

Hello everyone,

I´m Timo, 26, from Hamburg. Currently I´m writing my bachelor thesis in mechanical engineering and over the past few months i just got into the audiophile life.

I´m currently not owning a whole set up, but I have raised the funds to order all parts of it. I have owned an AKG Q701 for the past 3 years but only drove them through my computer soundcard, which I later upgraded from the onboard one to the Soundblaster Z. After the soundcard broke down I was curious if i could get more out of my AKGs then with just a soundcard.

And thats how my journey began. Since then I´ve been browsing countless forums and read hundreds of reviews and bought myself some magazines. As I´m a student I´m on a budget but the setup im opting for now is the following:

Schiit Modi 3 (already ordered and on its way)

into the

Little Dot MK III (been looking a while to get a used one, and as it happens this forum has one to offer )

I know its just a beginner setup but I guess it will give my AKGs just the extra bit of warmth and bass I´ve been missing the last 3 years.

I also put a ton of time into the matter of tube rolling and have already decided on my first couple of tubes i want to order when i get my amp.

Well and for the last part:
    I mainly listen to techno, house and d´n´b (that´s why i was looking for some more punch in the lows) but I also enjoy myself some Indie, Downbeat or sometimes even Hip-Hop or Metal. Guess if the music is produced well I will listen to everything

In my spare time I work out, go skiing, read sometimes and of course I´m enjoying the night life a lot.

Well hope you guys have gotten a litte picture of me and I hope i can add some things to this forum.

With the kindest regards,

Timo

I'm Steve.

Hello timo
    Welcombe to the sight, you have chosen a very good start for a great discussion on music that goes further than most forums , this is a sight of open mindednes, measurements and hi Fi hierarchy count as nothing hear it's much more a case of what you're ears tell you.
    I enjoy a heated debate as long as it's from experience and not from mindless following of so called Icons that taint this hobby or way of life, enjoy and join the fun.
    Regards Steve

I'm Timo.

Thanks for the answer Henry.

That sounds wonderfull. I think you can´t even measure your audio experience but one can try and describe it.

I´m just getting into the forum and all it has to offer.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Timo,

Sounds like you are making some good choices in selection of audio gear.

I'm sure you will find several members here who will be happy to talk with you about music.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread