+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: DCB1 TURBO BUILD @600Ma

I'm Steve.

Hi Oliver

I guess we need to put down the Audio Note resistors change in mine going back to the dale due to either the difference in equipment used or differences in our ears mate

Really pleased for you....

S.
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

I'm Simon.

There's a lot of bang-tidy on that box Oli. Trim or twist those signal wires tho...
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    There's a lot of bang-tidy on that box Oli. Trim or twist those signal wires tho...
    Thanks Si,

Between the selector switch and inputs?

I'm Steve.

Hi All

Dcb1 sold, now i can start my new build.
    I'm building a dual mono DCB1.
    Will start a new thread .

Thanks oliver for being a pain in the arse and starting me on this path.
    Thanks Alan for being so cleaver and the help you gave. Couldn't have managed otherwise, and to all who followed the thread. CHEERS

Steve.
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by STD305M View Post
    Hi All

Dcb1 sold, now i can start my new build.
    I'm building a dual mono DCB1.
    Will start a new thread .

Thanks oliver for being a pain in the arse and starting me on this path.
    Thanks Alan for being so cleaver and the help you gave. Couldn't have managed otherwise, and to all who followed the thread. CHEERS

Steve.
    you're welcome mate. Anytime

Good luck with the new build.

I'm Keith.

Looks excellent Oliver. So running at 1.2 just using the bottom of the case for the Fets but extra heat sinking for the MUR820?
    What value of resistor get 1.2a. I think Steve has advised that 1R4 will get about 600 or 700 ish?
    Now this whole thing heads off in another direction with Steve's dual mono!!!
    Garrard 401, Groovemaster 2, Arche headshell, Miyajima Shilabe, Paradise Phono amp,
    Aqua La Voce dac
    Salas DCB1
    Najda active crossover and DSP.
    Crown XLi 1500 x 2 bridged, Neurochrome Mod 86 monos, Guy Sergeant Hiraga Le Monstre,
    DIY open baffle with 18" Fane Colossus XB, Beyma 12p80ND and Beyma TPL150H with BK XLS 400 sub.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keith1962 View Post
    Looks excellent Oliver. So running at 1.2 just using the bottom of the case for the Fets but extra heat sinking for the MUR820?
    What value of resistor get 1.2a. I think Steve has advised that 1R4 will get about 600 or 700 ish?
    Now this whole thing heads off in another direction with Steve's dual mono!!!
    Hi Keith,

Thanks!! Although without a little help from the main man, I'd still be stuck.

So, if I recall correctly, there's

0.33R, 0.47R & 0.68R of the left side

0.33R & 0.68R on the right side.

This is due to some sort of imbalance between the channels. I have put this down to the FETs not being matched.

Obviously, unless you know how to measure the output, you'll be guessing!

Heat dissipation is done via the casework only BUT I noticed the heat increased when I put the CDP on top. It's warm but not hot. I have had it on all day and id happily let a baby touch it. It's not hot in the slightest. I'm happy with the temperature.

The MUR860 required some additional heat dissipation in Alan's opinion and I'm in no mind to disagree.

I'm Alan.

0.8 ohms for the positive side, made up from 0.33 + 0.47.

0.91 ohms for the negative, made up from 0.33 + 0.68, with a 10 ohm in parallel.

The MUR820's could go on the case as well.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    0.8 ohms for the positive side, made up from 0.33 + 0.47.

0.91 ohms for the negative, made up from 0.33 + 0.68, with a 10 ohm in parallel.

The MUR820's could go on the case as well.
    That's it I knew they were different.

I'm Keith.

Is the measuring just done with a multi meter? Across which points? I will probably go for 1r2 or 1r4 to get between 600 and 800. Was just going to trust that mine had been built with matched Fets but will measure to get values accurate if it is easy enough?
    Keith
    Garrard 401, Groovemaster 2, Arche headshell, Miyajima Shilabe, Paradise Phono amp,
    Aqua La Voce dac
    Salas DCB1
    Najda active crossover and DSP.
    Crown XLi 1500 x 2 bridged, Neurochrome Mod 86 monos, Guy Sergeant Hiraga Le Monstre,
    DIY open baffle with 18" Fane Colossus XB, Beyma 12p80ND and Beyma TPL150H with BK XLS 400 sub.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast