+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: DCB1 TURBO BUILD @600Ma

I'm Alan.

Measure the voltage across the low value resistor with your multimeter and then calculate the current with I=V/R

Simples

I'm Keith.

Thank you Sergei
    Garrard 401, Groovemaster 2, Arche headshell, Miyajima Shilabe, Paradise Phono amp,
    Aqua La Voce dac
    Salas DCB1
    Najda active crossover and DSP.
    Crown XLi 1500 x 2 bridged, Neurochrome Mod 86 monos, Guy Sergeant Hiraga Le Monstre,
    DIY open baffle with 18" Fane Colossus XB, Beyma 12p80ND and Beyma TPL150H with BK XLS 400 sub.

I'm Keith.

Oh, and which one is the low value resistor?
    Garrard 401, Groovemaster 2, Arche headshell, Miyajima Shilabe, Paradise Phono amp,
    Aqua La Voce dac
    Salas DCB1
    Crown XLi 1500 x 2 bridged, Neurochrome Mod 86 monos, Guy Sergeant Hiraga Le Monstre,
    DIY open baffle with 18" Fane Colossus XB, Beyma 12p80ND and Beyma TPL150H with BK XLS 400 sub.

I'm Keith.

Well I tried the Khozmo shunt again and I definitely prefer th Acoustic Dimension. Maybe the shunt configuration is the cause but I don't know how that would be.
    What is also difficult to understand is how they can sound different. These two and the Dact are the same construction as far as I know with mini pcbs with smd resistors but there is a difference.
    Aqua La Voce dac
    Salas DCB1

I'm Alan.

Contact material and pressure could come into it.
    I believe the Acoustic Dimension designed out one of the contact points in each channel.

I'm Lee.

I'm the new owner of Steve's dcb1,I think Steve must work for the post office,it was delivered less than 24 hours after I paid for it,amazing service!
    Didn't really have time at the weekend with overtime and other things getting in the way,but had a good 6 hour listen today,should have only been 2 hours but my bike ride ended up not happening due to the just one more disc syndrome!
    Very good sound,in a wierd way almost like there's nothing there,which makes me realise how coloured the sound was before,bit hot in my cupboard though,think I'll have to look into how you fit heat sinks into it,thanks a lot Steve,amazing build!

I'm jamie.

good buy mate,i heard your one a few weeks ago,i was very impressed with it.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Leeken View Post
    I'm the new owner of Steve's dcb1,I think Steve must work for the post office,it was delivered less than 24 hours after I paid for it,amazing service!
    Didn't really have time at the weekend with overtime and other things getting in the way,but had a good 6 hour listen today,should have only been 2 hours but my bike ride ended up not happening due to the just one more disc syndrome!
    Very good sound,in a wierd way almost like there's nothing there,which makes me realise how coloured the sound was before,bit hot in my cupboard though,think I'll have to look into how you fit heat sinks into it,thanks a lot Steve,amazing build!
    Fitting heat sinks inside may not make a lot of difference.

Is there a CDP or similar on top?

Make sure it isn't closed in.

I have had to raise my CDP with some special isolation feet to make sure the DCB1 remains coolish.

Pic:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeken View Post
    Hi Lee
    You must have no ventilation at all, I've had it running for a period of iver 6 hours and still cool enough to keep your hand on the base where the fets are bolted.
    If you still have a problem with heat let me know and I'll sort out fitting heatsinks for you

Steve...
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by STD305M View Post
    Hi Lee
    You must have no ventilation at all, I've had it running for a period of iver 6 hours and still cool enough to keep your hand on the base where the fets are bolted.
    If you still have a problem with heat let me know and I'll sort out fitting heatsinks for you

Steve...
    Cheers Steve,it really is a lovely piece of kit,ventilation is a issue as my kit lives in a cupboard,but there's nothing on top of each other and it does take about 4-5 hours before it got warm,going to have a rejig of everything at the weekend which will make it cooler,i wonder whether some vents in the lid might help?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast