+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: DCB1 TURBO BUILD @600Ma

I'm Keith.

So roughly what will mine be operating at with 10R in there? I will get some Mills 1R8 5W and fit them in place. Not concerned to go the full 1.2a as I don't want to mess about with extra heatsinking at this stage. Putting 1R8 s in should get me roughly to the 600ma if I read this thread correctly?
    My board has the rectifiers fitted across the end in the positions marked MUR820 so they will be either 820 or 860 and so don't need changing? I see from the pic above that Steve posted that if they were the original MUR120 they would be fitted in the middle of the 4 caps rather than at the end? Mine has a jumper fitted as in the pic above. Is this correct?
    KR
    Keith.
    Garrard 401, Groovemaster 2, Arche headshell, Miyajima Shilabe, Paradise Phono amp,
    Aqua La Voce dac
    Salas DCB1
    Najda active crossover and DSP.
    Crown XLi 1500 x 2 bridged, Neurochrome Mod 86 monos, Guy Sergeant Hiraga Le Monstre,
    DIY open baffle with 18" Fane Colossus XB, Beyma 12p80ND and Beyma TPL150H with BK XLS 400 sub.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by keith1962 View Post
    So roughly what will mine be operating at with 10R in there? I will get some Mills 1R8 5W and fit them in place. Not concerned to go the full 1.2a as I don't want to mess about with extra heatsinking at this stage. Putting 1R8 s in should get me roughly to the 600ma if I read this thread correctly?
    My board has the rectifiers fitted across the end in the positions marked MUR820 so they will be either 820 or 860 and so don't need changing? I see from the pic above that Steve posted that if they were the original MUR120 they would be fitted in the middle of the 4 caps rather than at the end? Mine has a jumper fitted as in the pic above. Is this correct?
    KR
    Keith.
    Hi Kieth

The jumper will be marked J1 leave in place

Alan ( Firebottle ) did some calculations with mine after piggy backing a couple of extra resistors and its now running at 750mA approx!
    I think yours will be similar with the 1.8ohm.

S.
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

I'm Keith.

Thanks Steve, that should be sufficient output for now!
    Not touching the jumper but just explaining my "penny dropped" moment when I realised from your pic that I don't need to change the rectifiers as I have 820 or 860 due to their position on the board and that the jumper replaces the 120s.
    So replacing 2 x 10R resistors to 2 x 1R8 will get me a good lift in output. These resistors don't need to be particularly special I take it?
    KR
    Keith
    Garrard 401, Groovemaster 2, Arche headshell, Miyajima Shilabe, Paradise Phono amp,
    Aqua La Voce dac
    Salas DCB1
    Crown XLi 1500 x 2 bridged, Neurochrome Mod 86 monos, Guy Sergeant Hiraga Le Monstre,
    DIY open baffle with 18" Fane Colossus XB, Beyma 12p80ND and Beyma TPL150H with BK XLS 400 sub.

I'm Steve.

Thanks Steve, that should be sufficient output for now!
    Not touching the jumper but just explaining my "penny dropped" moment when I realised from your pic that I don't need to change the rectifiers as I have 820 or 860 due to their position on the board and that the jumper replaces the 120s.
    So replacing 2 x 10R resistors to 2 x 1R8 will get me a good lift in output. These resistors don't need to be particularly special I take it?
    KR
    Keith
    Hi Keith,

Any 3 or 5 watt will do

S.
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

I'm Steve.

After quite a few long listening sessions i decided to take out the Audio Note Tantalum resistors,
    although really good i felt the bass was a little light and had less impact.
    I re-soldered the Dale resistors back in and it still had the same insightful sound but now had more impact.
    Think i will try Riken Ohm and see how it sound.

S.
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by STD305M View Post
    After quite a few long listening sessions i decided to take out the Audio Note Tantalum resistors,
    although really good i felt the bass was a little light and had less impact.
    I re-soldered the Dale resistors back in and it still had the same insightful sound but now had more impact.
    Think i will try Riken Ohm and see how it sound.

S.
    Go for it mate. I will leave mine as is for a few weeks, i want at least 200hrs through it before I decide anything.

I'm Keith.

Just checked and my transformer is 40va so not sufficient for higher outputs as discussed earlier. Anyone have a link for a suitable transformer to get?
    KR
    Keith
    Aqua La Voce dac
    Salas DCB1

I'm Keith.

Check out Airlink in the UK or Toroidy PL in Poland,

Bigman80 Guest

Just checked and my transformer is 40va so not sufficient for higher outputs as discussed earlier. Anyone have a link for a suitable transformer to get?
    KR
    Keith
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F231266783166

This will be fine for up to 1.2A if necessary. Good price too.

I use toroidy.pl as IMO he makes supremely good Traffos.

https://sklep.toroidy.pl/en_US/p/TTS...ge-to-50V-/312

I got a 100va 2x12v. Cost about £50 delivered.

I'm Brian.

Cracking thread this chaps . I'm really enjoying reading it . Makes me wish I had listened at school
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast