+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What system did you have, on this day, 3 years ago

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    They were very good, bass to die for but they had a tendency towards harshness at times. Ultimately I preferred my Arden IIs overall so moved the DC10Ts on.
    Cheers Roy.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    What replaced the Kb, Adam?
    A Clearaudio MC Essence. Still have the Kontrapunkt and would like it re-tipped but it’s been to one place already who say it can’t be done, which I thought was a bit odd.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    A Clearaudio MC Essence. Still have the Kontrapunkt and would like it re-tipped but it’s been to one place already who say it can’t be done, which I thought was a bit odd.
    Ooh, not heard one of those.

I'm Martin.

Bet that sounds pretty damn good. Were the IMF any good Macca?
    I still have them, I suspect they will benefit from cap replacement in the crossovers. I bought the caps from Falcon, never got round to it as other speakers appeared.

if you don't like bass-light speakers then they are a dream come true, they have the same power in the bass as big Tannoys. Even recordings I had thought were a bit bass-light sound like the bass guitar is playing directly through the speakers. Bass definition is another matter although I suspect that would improve with the xover re-build. I also considered taking the passive crossovers out entirely and doing it digitally (8 channels of amplification required!) Again never got round to it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Ian.

Thanks Ian. How do the open baffles do? I've only just started to consider speakers as my next upgrade and open baffle make a lot of sense to me.
    Hi Oliver,
    I had a few open baffles at this time which I really liked. They have a quality about them which is very seductive, so open and airy but need plenty of room behind them if you want a decent bass response even with 15" woofers. These were my last build which looked a bit better than my previous ones with a simple crossover, one inductor, one capacitor, and they worked really well but I could tell they were tolerated rather than loved by my ever patient wife so they went to another good home.

I'm Neil.

Moved from Abstract Gallery which is for non audio related images. As this has audio images in it, it belongs here.
    Regards Neil

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Moved from Abstract Gallery which is for non audio related images. As this has audio images in it, it belongs here.
    Thanks!

I'm Nodrog.

Just stopped by as I do occasionally.

My main system is exactly the same then as it is now! Quad 57 / Leak Stereo 20 / Origin Live kit turntable / Pioneer PD7700 CD player. No box swapping here ta!

I'm Timothy.

I had the same system three years ago that I have had for almost six years total. Naim Uniti, pair of Naim Nap-100 amps and Larsen Model 4 speakers, with a mix of Croft Micro 25/Series 7 amps thrown in the cycle. Six months ago came my current setup. Still have the Naim Uniti and pair of Croft Series 7 amps.....
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Ian.

Linn LP12 / Ittok/Ortofon 2M Black
    Marantz CD6005
    Musical Fidelity A3
    Harbeth Compact 7
    Same cat

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast