Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What system did you have, on this day, 3 years ago

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Sony CDPSA790XB QS Cd player
    XTZ Class A100D3 amp

IMF TLS50 loudspeakers

Today:

Same CD player! (although only temporary stop gap)
    Nelson Pass DBC1 pre
    Krell KSA50S power
    JM Lab Focal Electra 926 speakers
    No vinyl action anymore Martin? Can still see the 1200 on top of your rack.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    still got a lot of it but only using the 2 amps and the power-inspired mains regenerator.. Speakers are stored upstairs.. nice speakers the kefs
    Still got all of mine from 2015 as well. And all the stuff I've had in-between.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    No vinyl action anymore Martin? Can still see the 1200 on top of your rack.
    No, replaced it all with CDs. Sold the phonostage and some turntables too. Down to just 3 decks now. Can't bring myself to sell the SL1200 though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Ian.

What an interesting idea Oliver but in a way I wish you hadn't started this! I've got a member's systems thread on Lenco Heaven so I can look back over the years to see what gear I had. My thread is ironically called Ian's fairly stable system and 2015 was particularly unstable!

In this pic you can see open baffles using Alpair 10 full rangers and Visaton 15" bass units. Sources are a Vortexbox, Meridian Director DAC, a Transcriptors Saturn with ADC XLM cart - really just for show, and a Lenco idler driven Orbe platter sitting on a Mycro frame plus Ittok and Zyx R50 Bloom. Amplification was a Sugden A21 SE or a Ming Da Piccolo depending on mood. Not shown were alternative speakers.

As well as these Frugelhorn XLs using Alpair drivers I also had the baby Frugelhorns and a pair of Proac Response 1.5's. Other gear had come and gone in 2015 as well.

Today the only thing that has survived is the Zyx cartridge. Digital is a Innuos Zen Mini with an Eastern Electic Minimax DAC, analogue a replinthed JVC TT-71 deck with Jelco 12" arm and speakers are Jordan Eikona transmission lines. This photo is not quite up to date but shows the DIY Jordans quite well.

Quite a bit of my current system has been inspired by members here so thanks to all who contributed!

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    What an interesting idea Oliver but in a way I wish you hadn't started this! I've got a member's systems thread on Lenco Heaven so I can look back over the years to see what gear I had. My thread is ironically called Ian's fairly stable system and 2015 was particularly unstable!

In this pic you can see open baffles using Alpair 10 full rangers and Visaton 15" bass units. Sources are a Vortexbox, Meridian Director DAC, a Transcriptors Saturn with ADC XLM cart - really just for show, and a Lenco idler driven Orbe platter sitting on a Mycro frame plus Ittok and Zyx R50 Bloom. Amplification was a Sugden A21 SE or a Ming Da Piccolo depending on mood. Not shown were alternative speakers.

As well as these Frugelhorn XLs using Alpair drivers I also had the baby Frugelhorns and a pair of Proac Response 1.5's. Other gear had come and gone in 2015 as well.

Today the only thing that has survived is the Zyx cartridge. Digital is a Innuos Zen Mini with an Eastern Electic Minimax DAC, analogue a replinthed JVC TT-71 deck with Jelco 12" arm and speakers are Jordan Eikona transmission lines. This photo is not quite up to date but shows the DIY Jordans quite well.

Quite a bit of my current system has been inspired by members here so thanks to all who contributed!
    Just love the look of those Eikona transmission line speakers. Very envious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    If I remember correctly, 2015 was:

- Garrard 301 turntable
    - SME 309 arm
    - Ortofon Kontrapunkt b cartridge
    - Naim Supernait
    - Naim CD5XS + FlatCapXS
    - Mowgan Audio Ogma speakers

I’m still using the Naims and the Mowgans for reviewing purposes but the only thing from above left in my main system is the SME.
    What replaced the Kb, Adam?

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post

Tannoy DC10TS, JVC QLA7, Beresford DAC, Croft pre, Sony & Krell CD players, Sansui tuner/streamer, Quad Elites.
    Nice looking rig. Tannoys any good?

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Sony CDPSA790XB QS Cd player
    XTZ Class A100D3 amp

IMF TLS50 loudspeakers

Today:

Same CD player! (although only temporary stop gap)
    Nelson Pass DBC1 pre
    Krell KSA50S power
    JM Lab Focal Electra 926 speakers

Bet that sounds pretty damn good. Were the IMF any good Macca?

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post

Thanks Ian. How do the open baffles do? I've only just started to consider speakers as my next upgrade and open baffle make a lot of sense to me.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Nice looking rig. Tannoys any good?
    They were very good, bass to die for but they had a tendency towards harshness at times. Ultimately I preferred my Arden IIs overall so moved the DC10Ts on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast