+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Gluteus Maximus

I'm Svend.

Cheers Dave -- all the best with this. Go find another chiropractor! A good one can do wonders, but there are some quacks out there too unfortunately. If you can find one who specializes in athletes that might be a good one for you, as they usually have a very common-sense, no B-S approach. Hope you find some good help ASAP to get you rolling again!

Best wishes,
    Svend

I'm Mike.

Chiro or Osteo used to work wonders for me
    Not this time

Ibuprofen used to be magic
    Not this time

The pain is not where the problem is, just the result of lump on the spine
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Dave.

That sounds nasty and I wish you well.

I should have the X-Ray results next week but not sure what happens next. Everyone I have seen say it isn't a lifetime thing and should get better with "time". Meantime I can only soldier on, putting up with the pain. Mornings and nighttime are bad - during the day when I am up and walking about is bearable.

I'm Mike.

Yours sounds far worse than mine Dave.

Hope you have it sorted soon.
    Keep on pushing for answers and then keep pushing for more
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I would repeat my advice from earlier. Even though it may only address the symptoms, whilst you are getting a diagnosis, why not try cheap TENS device.
    TENS machines, even battery powered ones can be unsafe if you have any heart problems. Best to check the contraindications list that comes with the device to see if you might have any issues that might make using that specific device risky. Of course there is always a case of trying to 'cover our asses' with those, but if you might think there are some check with your Dr before trying one.

Hope your condition improves Dave.
    Regards Neil

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Still in agony, especially during the night and morning. I can't sit now for more than a couple of minutes.

I have now been examined by my GP, Physiotherapist, Chiropractor and Osteopath in an effort to get some relief. Their opinion is that it is the Sciatic (?) nerve being squashed or damaged where it exits the bottom of my spine. This gives me the pain in my butt and also down my leg.

At least I now have some sort of diagnosis but no real relief. All say it could take 6 weeks or more.
    i am so sorry to hear all this dave , never realised it was causing such a problem . they do versatis lidocaine patches which you can apply over affected area even with kidney problems

us men often get prostate problems and i presume you have been checked out for this

i only mention becuase sudden onset with no cause might possibly have an underlying cause in the prostate gland . i am sure it is not this but worth just asking GP and as mentioned pushing for more investigations asap

https://prostatecanceruk.org/prostat...rostate-cancer

A 71-year-old man, former smoker, referred to the department of neurology from the department of vascular surgery with progressive pain in the right thigh. At time of referral, the pain has been present for at least 2 years, but the patient reports aggravation through the last 6 months, with pain (murmurs) in the thigh aggravated after 200–300 m walk, difficulty in maintaining balance and increased fatigue.

Peripheral neuropathies are among the most common neurological diseases and have numerous causes, including diabetes, alcohol, hereditary, toxic, metabolic, infectious, inflammatory, ischaemic and paraneoplastic. Often, however, no definitive cause is identified and the condition is termed idiopathic neuropathy. Here we describe a patient who was initially diagnosed with idiopathic sciatic neuropathy but who was eventually diagnosed with prostate cancer. This is an uncommon manifestation of prostate cancer, and the diagnostic was difficult because prostate-specific antigen (PSA) was normal and the positron emission tomography scan negative. Changes in PSA should always raise the suspicion of prostate cancer, just as idiopathic progressive neuropathy should always raise the suspicion of an underlying malignancy, even when standard diagnostics fail to explain the patient's symptoms.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3028046/
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Mike.

Referred pain always has to be considered seriously. With the body being such a complicated mechanism must always be on the list

My main problems are in the Glute. Currently the odd stabbing pain which can come and go like a light being switched on and off or linger for 10 minutes or so.
    One day I could barely walk due to the intense pain in my knee when trying to walk.
    My right calf has been painful for a few weeks.
    The nerves all the way to the right foot have also been painful - for a week or two or three
    All seems to be coming from L7 in my spine.
    MRI for me. Would an Xray show this for Dave ?

Mike

I'm Grant.

ive done my bad hip a mischief again Dave so with you in spirit
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Grant - sorry to read that. I wish you well as soon as.

The results of my X-Ray shows degenerative damage L 3 and 5 I believe it is and that is affecting the Sciatic nerve. The pain is almost unbearable late evening and mornings, only easing during the day when I can walk around. Sitting, especially in the car is excruciating, around 9 on the ' 1 - 10 scale'.

The GP can't prescribe any decent pain killers because of my Kidney condition and has just about given up. The Physio at the GP surgery hasn't even bothered to phone following the X-Ray she arranged. I have booked to see a Consultant privately but not till 7th December. I'm hoping he can help because I don't fancy being like this from now on.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Grant - sorry to read that. I wish you well as soon as.

The results of my X-Ray shows degenerative damage L 3 and 5 I believe it is and that is affecting the Sciatic nerve. The pain is almost unbearable late evening and mornings, only easing during the day when I can walk around. Sitting, especially in the car is excruciating, around 9 on the ' 1 - 10 scale'.

The GP can't prescribe any decent pain killers because of my Kidney condition and has just about given up. The Physio at the GP surgery hasn't even bothered to phone following the X-Ray she arranged. I have booked to see a Consultant privately but not till 7th December. I'm hoping he can help because I don't fancy being like this from now on.
    hope it gets better. yup they are good at just giving up if its any more complex than what they usually do. im a lost cause. lol

you might try accupuncture
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast