+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Audio Origami Uniarm fitting

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smangus View Post
    Thanks Oliver

Yeah that's what I was thinking , the Rega didn't have VTA adjustment so that was missing form my choices. It will be interesting to see what effect is has on the sound.

I like the finish apparently the black cost a bit more than the standard silver but that would have suited , as it is it matches the FB monos and other boxes
    Yep, saw those sitting there.

Still enjoying them?

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Yep, saw those sitting there.

Still enjoying them?
    Oh Yes

I managed to get some Telefunkens from Germany with gold pins and halo getters for a very good price (about £15), so that tone and presentation is excellent (not that it was at all bad before )

They are not going any where for the foreseeable. Famous last words etc lol.

Bigman80 Guest

Oh Yes

I managed to get some Telefunkens from Germany with gold pins and halo getters for a very good price (about £15), so that tone and presentation is excellent (not that it was at all bad before )

They are not going any where for the foreseeable. Famous last words etc lol.
    I loved them. Admittedly, I don't miss them now I have the Krell. Worked out well for everyone I think.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I loved them. Admittedly, I don't miss them now I have the Krell. Worked out well for everyone I think.
    Yeah that's nice to know you're happy now. You went on a bit of an amp journey after but good to see you are enjoying the results now.

A silver lining,

Bigman80 Guest

Yeah that's nice to know you're happy now. You went on a bit of an amp journey after but good to see you are enjoying the results now.

A silver lining,
    Oh, yes. I went right off the deep end and bought anything of interest.

I didn't lose a penny and heard some great gear. The Krell was such a good find.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

So typically on ebay now there is a secondhand Audio Note arm , PU7 and on here a Sumiko 800 good job I didn't wait another week else I wouldn't know which way to turn.

Still think I would have gone for the Uniarm though as NA decks seem to suit them by all accounts and the price was right.

Bigman80 Guest

So typically on ebay now there is a secondhand Audio Note arm , PU7 and on here a Sumiko 800 good job I didn't wait another week else I wouldn't know which way to turn.

Still think I would have gone for the Uniarm though as NA decks seem to suit them by all accounts and the price was right.
    Lol, always the way mate.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Ok so i got the bolts and found the thread was a bit short , the top of them were blank by about 3 mm . a bit annoying as the pictures on the web showed the thread going to the top of the shaft to the head. However not to fear !

In classic bodger style I found 2 old spacers to lift the base by 2 mm which allowed me to tighten them sufficiently to get the VTA spot on

Then back into ebay to order more washers and bolts for £1.79 .

Its not perfect but will let me get a feel for the arm properly.

It has also let me take off the extra 5 g weight so the cart is as intended.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Ok a couple of final tweaks , now the extra weight is off I can adjust the azimuth correctly. The sliding weight on the small bar on the side does this quite easily nice and smooth. looking at the bubble all seems in order so now I can give is good listening to!

Its been a good if sometimes frustrating in a "BRING BACK CD " kind of way experience setting this up lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm John.

looking GREAT !!!!!
    https://j7rewires.co.uk

And visit my face book page--- check out J7 Rewires

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557054222982

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast